Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A great day at Loton Park

Richard Price

• Area Representative

What a great days competition in class 2

After second practice, it looked like 4 cars may beat the old class record (60.95) with times of 60.88, 60.75, 60.69, and 60.48.

We ended the day with a new record of 60.12(bloody Dan Malkin 😬), myself on 60.23, and Rob Herring on 60.48.

What a great day

Edited by - richard price on 28 Jul 2007 20:38:36

Yes a brilliant day in the sunshine at last *biggrin*, Richard your tips didn't help me beat Neil C (how did you do that cracking 57sec last run Neil 😳 *thumbup*)

Drive of the day has to go to Lynda Preece who won the Ladies award

Best entertainment of the day to Dan M with his.....er exhuberent driving style oh and that Frazer Nash (I think it was)being driven flat out, brilliant!!!

Wish I was there tomorrow to try to get to grips with this great hill

Class 4 Zetec *cool*

Yep

Cracking day, first hillclimb and I'm so glad I did it.

Well done Matt J for class one honours as usual, when are you moving up to class 2? 😬. I know you were down around the 62 mark, did you beat last years time of 62.67?

Also lovely to meet the future Mrs Willoughby who still seems intent on marrying Matt W despite all the stories we told her, mind you after hearing some of the stories she may be thinking more about getting you some ointment than the big day itself 😬 Hope you have a fantastic wedding day *wavey*

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Edited by - Neil1202 on 29 Jul 2007 20:49:00

• Leadership Team

Here are my photos here

I would especially commend photos 330 - 344 for the sequence of Mr Cummings having a rather interesting excursion (Sorry Roger *thumbup*)

Great day *smile* Only sorry the season seems to be approaching it's end *evil*

Michael.

Neil,

My best time this year was.....yup 62.67! So rather consistent with last year. *smile* I reckon there was a few tenths to knock off but after coming off on the first run I couldnt take too many risks! Everyone in class 1 did really well actually, with special mention to those who hadnt been to the venue before *smile* I bet youre still smiling about your last ruin Neil, cracking effort to chop that much time off over the day *thumbup*

Hilight for me was dad's 'interesting' cone-crushing spectacle at triangle on the last run, got a good round of applause from the crowd 😬 😬 He got a good deal of piss taking on the journey home for that!

Do you know I have somehow been dreading today and a certain sequence of photos I was warned might appear. I suppose if you go off at the most popular watching spot, what can you expect!!!!! Thank you Mike and Ken for the record 😳 😳 😳 the only ones I have seen so far. My own caption from inside helmet began with a B.........No damage though only pride. Thank you to all the marshals for their expert help

Never the less a great day and a great hill and well done Dan for that last run and for the really good competion throughout class two........Now if only I had got to the top on that last run. See you at Harwood for more fun and hopefully less grass 😬 😬 😬

Roger7C

"Have you seen the pics of the Fraser Nash in the last run coming through the first corner"

Terry is known as Mr. Sideways at loton - and that Nash can only be driven sideways - fantastic to watch tho - especially through the right/left of Keepers from Post 4

I post therefore I am

Well, just afore I go off on my hols, good luck to you lot at the weekend! 😬 😬especially you dad *wavey*

As for the pics....heh heh..i didn't realise it was quite that wild *tongue* was fun though......didn't cost too much time either...... *wink*

Dad....I have no car control....as you keep telling me! It's all luck! But...thanks all the same! Glad I kept a few of you entertained.....

I hear mr Price rather loudly called into question my parentage in the little shed at the top of the hill on the final run....much to the amusement of other competitors 😬 😬 I shall ask my father to explain his whereabouts and marital status at my birth if required Richard 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

• Area Representative
I hear mr Price rather loudly called into question my parentage in the little shed at the top of the hill on the final run....much to the amusement of other competitors I shall ask my father to explain his whereabouts and marital status at my birth if required Richard

*redface*I'd like to clarify my out burst!

I recall a said something like "Ba$*@rd", not "YOU Ba$*@rd"

I was an expressing my disappointment with the situation, rather than with a specific person.

If I offended anyone, please accept my apology 😳 ☹️