Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Std, as new black Nosecone for sale

masha

Black nose cone from a very low mileage 98 Superlight - unpainted (Std Caterham gel-coat black finish) immaculate, usual stainless fittings, can be collected Dartford, Kent (where it is now) for £70 or I'll mail it to anywhere in the UK for £85 (obviously collection is preferred and I'm leaving it open to collection offers for the first week). Email ms81@cant.ac.uk to enquire further/secure with a cheque etc.

Thanks for the interest so far - its not promised to anyone so far, just available to anyone that wants to collect over the next week from a paintshop in Dartford. I'd clearly want at least a cheque in hand before releasing the address for collection. Hopefully this as-new black nose will help someone out (ie much cheaper than buying new). If any of you that haven't already, want to email me your phone nos. I'll give you all a ring to scout for interest one eve. this week.

thanks

Matthew ms81@cant.ac.uk

cock-up - sorry guys: I just heard today my new carbon nose doesn't fit my '97 widetrack dbl wishbone car! (it was off a JPE - i didn't know there was a difference)! Perhaps I can modify the carbon one/sell it on in the future, but the upshot is I'm having to get the black one painted advertised above sprayed instead so its not available. Sorry for dashing people's hopes / wasting time - only found out when talking to the sprayer this lunchtime. M

PS anyone want to try a repaired carbon nose-cone? (only joking I wouldn't want to dash people's hopes with another one at this stage)

Masha,

You are misinformed on this one.

To clarify:

The nosecone you bought was made by me and it fits every 1974 on Caterham. It even got cracked when it was driven into the back of K2 RUM - There is nothing special about the nose on a JPE and indeed the car it came off was a road legal VX race car, not a JPE! (despite what the reg number may suggest!)

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Thanks for the info Arnie - I still think the Carbon nose will be fine eventually - Just TSK being uncertain about the suitability of the fit & finish of it. When I get my car back with the nose I'm sure I'll be able to fit it / adapt it without too much difficulty - in which case I'll send the carbon nose back to Tony for re-painting at a later date.

regards

Matt