Click here if you are having website access problems ×

270 BHP All Steel VX

Anthony

the original purchaser has a personnal problem with the Finances which I fully understand and have offered to readvertise the engine.

Just to re-cap, this is a recently refreshed all steel engine, which is one of the highest performing VX's run at Steve Greenauld's rolling road.

The engine was in Peter T's car and I brought it as a spare (picked up 2 months ago). Funding now needed as I have a 964, and a loan which is too large *cry*

The engine has been meticulously prepared by Peter and is of the highest quality. In summary;-

It is a 16 valve XE engine.

Iron block 86.25mm

Omega intruder Forged pistons.

Doug Kiddie Lightweight Narrow Journal Touring Car spec steel Crank. Never been ground standard journal size.

Arrow steel lightweight con rods.ARP bolts.

Compression ratio 11-5-1.

Combustion bowl 41 CCs.

Full race spec head with Paul Ivey one piece valves.

Inlet valves 1mm oversize.

Isky double valve springs.

Titanuim lightweight valve caps.

Cooling and oil modifications to head.

Cometic composite Head gasket.

ARP head stud bolts.

ARP Flywheel bolts

lightweight steel flywheel

Sputter bearings throughout bottom end.

Modified SBD/ inlet/ exhaust cams with 11.9mm lift.

Just rebuilt again after i purchased it new in 2002.

Never done more that 100 miles since re fresh.

Dynoe sheets to prove and bills.

Like new, genuine 270 BHP 8630 RPM.

Torque 175lbft@ 6500.

It has a lovely linear hp and toque curve for its delivery.

Can be heard and seen running in my car.

This is ideal for a complete upgrade to any 7 for serious performance .

I am looking for £5k or near offer.

Anthony.burgess@networkrail.co.uk

Anthony

Car is nearly ready, but I have be saying that for at least a year :-)

Hi Anthony,

Apologies in advance for the following numpty level question but will the ease of trasferability of the engine be affected by wet sump or dry sump issues i.e I expect that it has been dry sumped before (and quite rightly so at 8,600+ revs) but does this affect any actual bits of the engine - I do not have a dry sump at the moment.

Yours sincerely & embarrased

Mark B

Hi Jim,

All-steel relates to the replacement of the crank and rods.

Mark, the engine is prepared for a dry sump as you would expect. The front cover and sump are Pace items. I have a full set of Aeroquip hoses, with high quality aluminium fixings (>£400) which you can have.

You will need; Pace slim jim pump, remote oil filter housing (£20 from Think ?) and an oil tank. I have a slim Pace one (but location and fittings same if its the larger one in front of the footwell.

Neil or Roger at Pace can help with the pump and tank. Or there may be a tank on "wanted"/for sale.

SBD can help with the belt from crank to pump.

Also available if it helps, is my 235 engine, which "nearly" is the same spec, but I picked the wrong cams and for high power the exhaust cam needs to be swapped for SBD ones and tappets adjusted. Looking for £4200. Engine cost £8000 when Roger King built it. Cam swap around 300-400.

Hope this helps.

Hi Anthony,

Is it OK if I call you on the mobile tomorrow morning- I have the number from last time. I am very interested in the 235bhp option - sounds a whole heap simpler to me. As you will have gathered from previous posts mechaical engineer I am not! 😬

Regards

Mark B