Click here if you are having website access problems ×

great day at Oulton - cheers Mr & Mrs Pickin

Jason Plato

Great Day wasn't it.

After all the wet days we've had there in the last few years, I'd forgotten how good Oulton actually is..

Thanks to my merry band of helpers who assisted with signing on and the running of the day- Allen, Viv, Rich and Jude, it's appreciated. Also thanks to Dr John, Ben and Tony the instructors for assisting on the day.

We also made £260 in passenger rides which I will send on to NtL soon.

We've off to Croft on the 5th August, places still left, contact me via my profile for details and an entry form.

Geoff *smile*

Second that, excellent day out, what's your secret with the weather? Great group of friendly people and excellent behaviour on track as usual, very little in the way of incidents all day.

Anybody found a solution to the problem of lots of fun in the dry means lots of pound notes in the tyre man's pockets?

Encore.....with the thanks - a great day as usual Geoff & team.

Done quite a few track day now.....but have never ventured up to Oulton before. It seems I have been missing out. I will certainly be returning.

Paul

SY04 MMO

Blue/Silver SV and a mop of grey hair behind the wheel...!!

Yes, thanks to Geoff and all of the helpers for a great day. Thanks to the rest of the guys in the red group for some nice clean driving-even if some of you have a few too many horses 😬

MikeW

Mega Grad Race No 8

An another *thumbup* from me

Quality weather, quality organisation, quality day etc etc

Thought Dr Johns pep talk for the Novices was well worth hanging on for - It really helped me out there on the first couple of sessions

My clutch gave out and I had to be recovered on the penultimate session but was trailered home by Rog Needham whilst I followed in his 7. Now what other clubs can boast that sort of team spirit *smile*

• Support Team

Thanks for organising it all for us Geoff. *thumbup* *thumbup* I had a fantastic day 😬 in what was my second (both sunny) visit to Oulton. Big thanks also to your team of helpers *thumbup* *thumbup* and to Tony for the instruction *thumbup* *thumbup* (a big help, around Druids especially)

Rob

agree with all above

Geoff and the team many thanks *thumbup* *thumbup*

and A10ROX found some speed in the afternoon when I diagnosed the 'skittish' handling as a fault tyre guage (KDH read 21 mind read 14.5, two others read 17-18)

hence my tyres being slightly overinflated *wink*

A10ROX:OK, its an R500 without the magnesium bits sump etc and only 205bhp!

Yes a really good day although next time I will stay overnight because I was knackered having got up at 0500. As a consequence I felt a bit off form (that's my explanation for the grass excursions *redface*)...but the instruction from Ben was very useful esp as far as Druids was concerned...and no rain *cool*. Hope I didn't hold anyone up in the red group...normally would have been in blue but it was full. Thanks to Geoff and the organising team.

Cheers

Jan

• Leadership Team

sorry for the delayed *thumbup* *thumbup* - definitely a great day. For those in any doubt Scudo Stunners are great road and wet weather tyres.................but they get more 'entertaining' as they heat up 😬

Sandy - glad to help *wavey*

Rog

thanks to everyone who contributed to a great day .. and in my case particularly to Mark & Donna who generously shared their bonnet with me ALL DAY.... mine was safely rescued from the grass verge just outside my home village with hardly a scratch!!

CHEERS

Colin