Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Have I bust it ??

Pete H

Great track day at Donington today. Goldtrack big thumbs up *thumbup*, but rolling back into the garage after the last session I notice a trail of oil drops behind the car. Bugger. Further investigation and theres oil all over the filter and pressure sender. Looks like most of it may be coming from the sender. Any history of senders letting go like this??, oil filter appeared nice and tight. Didnt notice any reduction in indicated oil pressure, but then I was a bit busy. 😬

So rolled it onto the trailer and went home, at least it was the last session. Still worried I may have run the bearings. Further investigation tomorrow, too tired to bother now. *wavey*

The pressure senders are total cr*p & well documented around here.

I have been through 3 in less than a year & have now gone down the mechanical guage route - more accurate reading & no need to constantly replace them,even if they are under warranty.It's shag & hassle you just don't need!

Hope it's just a simple fix for you but do strongly suggest you think about going mechanical. *thumbup*

Phil.

Edited by - Cookie Monster on 25 Jul 2007 13:05:47

I'd suggest checking the oil level before starting to worry.

My old Clio lost all it's oil due to a seal failure on the filter and was driven for some while in this state. New filter on, new oil in and not a problem in the past 3 years.

ChrisL

You checked the filter was tight but was the sender screwed on tight?

I've had something hit the sender which loosened it and then it worked itself loose from there. Result, it started leeking at the union. A quick tighten up with a spanner stopped it and no probs since.

A big relief, since when I saw mine leeking I initially had the same worries as you

W.Nut *thumbup*.

Rosso Superlight no.087 (no longer)

Got about 4 to 5 inches in the dry sump tank, so I've lost a fair bit. Pity the poor buggers behind me, although no one reported any problems. Had a vid cam running on the session and I've just watched it back, stareing at he needle on the oil pressure guage. It never drops below 4 bar, except under hard braking so i think the engines fine. *thumbup*

Still dripping onto the garage floor, so a quick clean off and it should be easy to find.