Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Elan Plus 2 parts

jono

Lots of bits as I'm doing a Spyder conversion.

The main parts include:

Very good Spyder twin cam space frame chassis and all runing gear inc brand new Konis and springs. The chassis was fitted in 1990 and the car has been off the road for the last 13 years hence only 4-5 years use. It looks as good as new, no rust etc and is finised in the red stove enamel factory finish.

No idea on price, check out Spyder site for new price and make me an offer

Twin Cam engine with twin dellortos. This was rebuilt and balanced and blue printed by QED around 10k miles ago. It is none big valve (AFAIK) but was I am told reputed to be producing 130bhp on QED's dyno. I have no paperwork to confirm this but know very well the chap who had it done and have no reason to doubt him.

The head is off. The bores have no visible wear but need a glaze bust. I think the head is not unleaded. It is an 'L' block.

I have had an engineer friend look at it and he reckons it only needs glaze bust, decoke and perhaps precautionary rings.

I have new head gasket sets and all sort of other new engine gaskets, new timing chain, high pressure oil pump etc., to recommission it

No idea on price but make me an offer. Happy for any inspection and even some limited stripping to check internal spec etc.