Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Remote K thermostats.....any info?

Unclefester

Job done - all in and working.

Fitting and bleeding was a doddle ,holds the temperature real steady. Been for an hour blat which included the usual 30mins of inner london trafic with no issues.

I've got no where to host pictures so blatmail me if you're interested in seeing the installation.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the pics Bob.

Unfortunately I had no way of extending the J pipe so I eneded up leaving it where it was, along with the submarine and mounting the PRRT in a vertical position between the bottom radiator outlet and the submarine.

Has worked quite well, botched out of various bits of Land Rover and old Caterham pipe *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to say, the PRRT appears to have made a BIG difference to my cooling. I've also changed from the analogue Caterham gauges to a Stack display, so it's difficult to say whether it's the PRRT alone that's responsible.

The engine does seem to get up to temperature so much quicker though- it takes about 2 minutes to get from stone cold to just over 60 degrees C at idle where it stays rock solid. Working the engine sees the temperature rising to around 70 and the PRRT and fan both cut in.

All in all, very *smile*. The only thin I'd like to do is weld up a boss in one of the pipes to move the temperature sender away from the manifold. You'll probably beat me to this Nifty, in which case I'll put in an order 😬

Darren E

Website and Emerald maps library

Superlight R #54