Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 7 1600 SE Classic

Nick Chan

• Area Representative

P' Reg. Built April 1997. Painted yellow and in excellent condition throughout. 8,500 road miles - no sprints or tracks at all.

Long Cockpit

100 bhp 1600 Sprint XFlow engine with 5 speed gearbox

Improved universal chassis

4 into 1 polished competition side exhaust system

'S' Type Cloth adjustable seats with headrests

High visibility weather gear

Tonneau cover

Fresh air heater

Heated screen

Chromed headlights

Vecta immobiliser

New battery

New Yokohama A021R's Tyres (5)

1 owner and garaged from new

Recent rolling road test by Aldon Automotive to tune engine.

12 months MOT

Only selling due to upgraditus and thinking of moving to a modified car. Rather than modify this car willing to consider P/Ex for suitably modified car if reasonable price and good condition.

Offers around £10.5k (still despite new tyres!). It has cost me over £13k to build!

We were at Stoneleigh on Sunday - in the middle row close to the tents!!

Edited by - Nick Chan on 11 May 2002 01:53:34

• 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Just edited to include 5 new Yokohama A021R tyres plus I hadn't realised seats are the S type ones (until I read a recent posting!), and still asking the same as before despite more spending!!!

Photo's are available if interested.

Cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Hi,

The car is still available and based in Newcastle-u-Lyme near Stoke. I am just in the throes of wondering whether to modify/upgrade this car rather than sell it but it is still available if you are interested.

If you want some pics I can email them out when i get home tonight.

Cheers

Nick

Nick,

I was in the same position (see Zetec £9,995) but due to poor response have decided to keep it.

Having had a look at a few other cars at Stoneleigh that were for sale I decided better to mod the 7 I know than spend 15k-20k on a car already done but with many components probably past their best.

So you are not alone in your thoughts

Tony

• Area Representative

Hi Tony,

I am a bit of a dilemma... weather is brilliant for blatting and in two minds whether to sell the car or not. Certainly agree with your comments about modding your own car too and this is the dilemma.

There has been plenty of interest from the Findit site (I only took notice of it from Andrew Russell's recent posting regarding another car for sale) so I have decided that this is the last time to try and sell it. If it doesn't go this time round I will be happy to keep it... thus saying that I did tick the "advertise for 3 months" box on the findit site!! confused.gif

Cheers

Nick

• Area Representative

Hi Simon,

I had a chat to Gary on Monday night but did say that a chap was already coming over to look at it that evening. He's had another look at it yesterday and agreed to buy it. I was going to wait till I had the cash in my hand before emailing Gary and some other interested people but it looks like the car is sold.

Obviously if things change I'll let everyone know...

Cheers

Nick

PS I didn't have harnesses fitted as the car has never been on a track and it's just another thing to struggle into with my girth teeth.gifsmile.gif

Hi Nick

If the car has been sold would you mind supplying me the details of interested parties - or mailing them with my mail address. I have a Supersprint (recently purchased from Caterham) that I'd like to sell as I've got the upgrading bug but don't want two 7's around the house and as we all know Caterham trade values are not always massive!!!!

My car is a basic factory built car in great condition and would suit someone just wanting a bit of fun or to try a 7 (which is why I purchased the car).

I am based in Kent (J4 of the M25) or Crawley (as in Gatwick).

Regards

Ade

adeal3@yahoo.co.uk

• Area Representative

Yup - the car has been sold now. The kids were in tears as it went off!! Looks like I'll be looking for a replacement straight away teeth.gif

Cheers for the enquiries

Nick

• Area Representative

Hi Simon,

Glad the run home was a good one - you couldn't have picked a better night to collect it biggrin.gif Hope Jo gets into the driving seat soon...

The kids have just about got over your departure... teeth.gif and are pacified a little with a thought of its replacement!

Cheers

Nick

PS I'll email on the other thread now I have your email address. Keep in touch!