Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Uprated Master Cylinder

F355GTS

I fitted one a couple of weeks ago and all seemed well, car passed it's MOT etc. Did a trackday today and after about 6 or 7 laps the brakes stuck on!. Eventually traced it to the angle of the pushrod to the cylinder which was allowing the rod to wedge on the inside top edge of the cylinder and temporarily cured with a 13mm nut fitted between the mount and the pedal box plate on the top mounting

Is this a known problem with any proper fix!

Can't help feeling that the forces involved will cause the temporary fix to bend something!

Mark

Peter

It's on the middle one, did contemplate moving it to the further one but

a) pedals are right for me

b) don't think it would help enough

I can probably make a fillet using Aluminium, egg box, washing up liq bottle, toilet roll centre and sticky tape in true Blue Peter style!

Mark

Rob

It was much better until the tyres wore below their tread then loads of understeer!. Somebody else said that 32's do that and I can confirm it

Arnie

It definately stops when I press the middle one and I can make it go in gear with the one on the left!...... just kidding, I think I know what you mean I'll have a look tonight and see

Mark

Right

I've had a look and can see what you mean Arnie, the pickup for the clutch pedal is lower than that on the brake and therefore would overcome the problem

I took some pics which are here

http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/brakes/brakes.html

If you get a minute I'd be grateful if you could take a look and see what you think, click on the thumbnail for a larger pic.

The extra nut is still installed between the flange and the pedal box backplate so the angle looks fine at the moment

Mark

Edited by - F355GTS on 23 Apr 2002 20:50:39

Mark,

I have the same pedal as you - i emailed you a pic.

The distance from the fulrcum point cnetre to the clevis pin is 65mm

Mine doesn't foul though.

My only observation is that you are using the pedal position for persons with shorter legs, which exacerbates the problem.

Perhaps if you adjust the pushrod and fit the pedal in the lanky legs postion you will be able to get things to work properly.

Other than that there seems no obvious solution.

I emailed you a pic of mine for reference.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM siteid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>