Click here if you are having website access problems ×

b*&%£y lucky !

Barbarella

Got up this morning especially early to put bin out and found that when I dashed in from the pouring rain last night, I had left my car unlocked and two sailing jackets stolen from back seat. Phoned local police and reported theft, then found my 12v tyre pump also missing, but fortunately nothing else and no damage to car.

Scene of crime officer turned up surprisingly quickly, found that I was one of a number of home and car owners in the immediate area to be hit last night and that the BiB had already made arrests and recovered property.

While she was covering my car with fingerprint silver dust, I got a call to say they thought they had my jackets and when I told them about the tyre pump they said they were going back for a second look as more thefts reported later on.

Have been and identified my jackets and will get them back in due course and made statement.

The padlocks on the garage doors deterred the thieving toe-rags from trying to break in there. One of the car doors was left open and there was some stuff that wasn't mine thrown in the bushes by the drive, so I wonder if they were spotted or disturbed.

The arrested are from the local 'chavdom' of Leigh Park from which all dishonesty and evil emanates and nothing good whatever (as Fletch knows or should do). At first I thought it was going to be the travellers camped in a nearby field, but seems not.

On the nice side of life, I found this morning have won a small prize on 'ERNIE' so will be making a little donation to NTL. Just grateful that I don't have to spend all of it to replace the stolen items.

A Woman's Place is - in her Se7en

bad start to the day but glad it has all turned out ok for you *wavey* Got message re:sunday. I have looked at weather at it predicts heavy rain. Nothing planned at the moment but could ignore weather and organise something with other solent 7's. The next 'official' one is 1st sunday of August (Goodwood breakfast club). I am on holiday though .....

If it has tyres or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it 😬

ok, will see what the weather does.

I am going to be away for a couple of days and don't know if or when I will have internet access. It's a long story, but basically I am going with a friend to collect a sailing dinghy from Germany and driving Merc belonging to boat's new owner.

Fletch knows about it and is keeping Se7en for a couple of days more in return for feeding the cat.

Should be quite an adventure. Boat is being built at somewhere called Kressbronn-am-Bodensee in Bavaria.

Watch this space.

A Woman's Place is - in her Se7en

• Area Representative

Barbarella - bad luck, in Clapham, when I had a tintop I remember a couple of occasions when I got out in the morning to find a window wide open 😳. I was lucky enough to have had no passing interest. note: this was before it went "upmarket".

However, at least there was a small cupro-nickel lining - but just consider what you might have spent the money on otherwise...

GJT Crossflow

524 still jumping sideways 😳and ☹️