Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wind-deflector mirrors

Graeme Smith

Hi Graeme,

I wanted to do the same as you, but I also want to drive without anything! So, I fitted mirrors to the side of the windshild support. Use one existing bolt and drill a hole to leave the base for the mirror approximately vertical. i used Spa Carbon mirors. They look really good and you can occasionally see something out of them. i removed the mirrors off the sidescreens and put small plastic bolts in the holes.

Hope that is useful input!

Tony Stattersfield

I've had a look in the Demon Tweeks catalogue and they sell mirrors for single seaters which attach via one bolt. I though I could put this bolt through one of the bolt-holes of the side-screen hinges. Anyone tried it?

Tony - how do you get out the the 7. Don't the mirrors on the stantion stop you from opening the doors?

No, but you need to position them 'just so'.

I am on holiday at present, but will take some digital photos when I get back if you want. Let me know.

If you use the 'one bolt' mirrors, how will you tighten the bolts?

By the way, the wind deflectors are pretty useless, if you haven't tried them.

Alex suggests increasing the angle to make them kick our further, and this is better, but not great.

Hope this helps.

Tony Stattersfield

I would agree that the wind deflectors aren't that good. If you increase the angle it helps but you end up with them at 90* and the drag factor is huge! It also looks as if your car has grown ears!!!!!!!!!!

Still, for a bit o' fresh air there ain't no beatin' it