Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S or SS compound?

JP

Need new 32rs, currently have "S" compound. For predominantly road use, is there an obvious difference between the compounds or if I go with SS am I just buying what will feel like the same tyre but simply wear out quicker?

James

James,

I have just gone for S compound 32Rs, being advised by Ratrace that the SS have a tendency to overheat. I have only tried them out on the road so far, but I am very impressed.

Interesting to hear other reports.

Peter

PS the car is a 1.6 x/f - next track day 1 May !!

I use SS compound on a circuit car weighing 630 kilos. They get very sticky and the rubber move across the patter. After a 12 mile race they need the c**p taking off with a heat gun.

The S compound is about the same as an 021 compound and is much more durable. George Polley is the Yoko man with all the knowledge.

032Rs are great for track days, or for road use when its dry. But they're not so good on the road in the wet.

If it's predominantly for road use, I would have thought that 021Rs would be better. Quite good in the dry, and still OK in the wet.

Talk to George Polley as the chap said above.

cheers

Wacky

Cheers guys, went for S - ordered yesterday arrived this am > excellent service Polley Motorsport!

wackydo,

032rs I don't find a problem in the wet so long as there is no standing water. (I have 021rs for the winter)