Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Brake problem

Buda

OK who's knackered me brake lights?

Honestly, last service "your brake lights don't work" "oh", "weve cleaned the connectors - they do now".

They've stopped working again.

I've taken the pedal box cover off, cleaned the connectors and checked that the switch thing moves ok - they still dont work, all other lights work ok

Help, what do I do next - is it a faulty switch?

hello buda make sure you have power up to the switch first if not check fuse

if you have power up to switch conect the two wires together your lights shold be on then it is your switch try that first

make sure you have the ignition on

fredid=blue> confused.gif

Edited by - FRED on 21 Apr 2002 13:57:27

Cheers fred,

I checked fuse etc, its the same as the reversing light acording to my wiring diagram, it turned out to be the alignment between the plate on the brake pedal lever and the switch, some minor readjustment and some wiggling around seems to have done the trick.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my brake lights go on me a couple of weeks ago and got a new switch (it had broken). With a spare switch I then decided to pull the "broken" one apart (easy enough to do - stick a screwdriver in the side and it springs apart) to take a look inside.

Turns out that the switch plates were just a bit dirty - a quick wipe with a cloth, a bit of a scrape with emery to be safe and then all's OK. I must get some conducting gel / grease to replace that which I wiped off and then I've got a spare switch.

Dan.