Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Ital Axle

Morls

Assuming I have a diff already, does it matter which model of Ital / Marina I take an axle fromquestion.gif

1. Are all the diffs interchangeable? If so is is only the CW&P that define the "Diff".

2. Are the brakes all the same?

3. Reccomendations for diff build and/or bracketing.

Ideally someone will sell me an ital axle from a Caterham whih has had a Ford one fitted, Pleeesesmile.gif

Thanks all in advance.

Mark

I don't think the diffs are interchangeable. If you mean Ford diff in an Ital casing....

Everyone I know who has swapped from Ital to Ford cos of higher power eating Ital diffs have changed the whole axle. This has meant some changes to the chassis/ali nearby too.

The Ford Axle is more robust in all aspects. Good for over 200 bhp if properly put together.

NO,no,no...smile.gif

I meant interchangebility between the ital / marina range, ie. 2.0L diff into 1.3L axle etc.

I've heard mention of van saloon and pickup varients also, but these may be the same confused.gif question.gif

Mark

Mark,

I have what seems to be an Ital axle.

It was in my car prior to the rebuild.

It will most likely need to have the bracketry rebuilt (Redline or Arch), and it does not have the reinforcement plate, yet.

Condition: tatty.

Yours for shipping (from Germany) & a donation to NtL, or do you have anything to swap ?

Let me know by e-mail if you're interested.

Cheers - Karsten

Mark

When I had my first Seven I used a 3.6 (out of a 1.7 1.8 or 2.0) a 3.9 (out of an Ital 1.3) and several 4.1's (out of Marina 1.3's). They were all exactly the same fitting as were the brake drums on all the variants.

I think from memory that the 10cwt van and pickup used a different HD axle with a different PCD.

Paul

Karsten,

Cheers,

Thanks for the offer but the problem will be the postage of such a heavy thing.

I'll keep looking for the mo & hope I can find something a little nearer home.

If I can't find one elsewhere I'll just have to take a holiday in Germany.

Paul,

Cheers also,

This knowledge means I've got potentially more donor cars, so there's a chance that I might have to miss out on my european axle collecting holiday.

Mark