Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap caterham clone and a mint motorbyk

neilg

Not strictly caterham but my old school friend Will has purchased Martin B's blackbird and so has a couple of redundant boys toys for sale on Piston Heads.He doesn't need the money or the hassle so I suspect he has them for sale cheaply to make room in the garage for taking reverse boxes and the like to bits.

Firstly he has a sylva striker under kit cars , sylva that he has had since 1991. It was always pretty quick in the days I had my westfield (sorry) but needs a bit of TLC now but would be great for someone who wants a caterham but doesn't have or doesn't want to spend the money on the real deal. I think personally sylva strikers are one of the best of the clones and they are celebrating 25 years this year so perhaps half way to a caterham.

Secondly he has a mint 2001 Aprilia Mille (twin cylinder 1000 cc superbike in the mold of the Ducati 999 but cheaper and more reliable he says). He has had this from new and is embarassed to have done under 1500 miles in 6 years but it has been dry stored for the last 4 or so. I have seen it and it is like new so would suit a polisher. He wanted to put in a bay window of his house but wasn't allowed!

If anyone can add a linky it would be very much appreciated but if anything interests anyone do give Willy boy a call on 07971 830 378. He will do a club discount and an ntl contribution for a painless transaction.

Neil (searching for a hyabusa engined seven)

Photographs of the striker finally on pistonheads (see link above)

Photo's of the Aprilia will follow but it looks just like Rogers but red instead of yellow and before the gravel trap and tyre wall episode.(Rogers not willys)

If any blatchatters have a bike itch to scratch it is as someone said a lot of bike for the money and a proper one owner never raced or rallied etc