Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Green BEC L7BYK M25

neilg

I don't know, I drive that car for 2000 miles and i'm invisible, Will (the new owner) hasn't even arrived home and he is spotted.

"old bloke, silly grin" 😬 😬 😬 oh he WAS your mate.

I hope he gives the car a damn good thrashing

Martin

Martin, I' m hoping to see it tomorrow but I don't think my poverty spec k series will look much cop next to it. By all accounts ...it's insane...unquote. 😬 😬. Anyway he's too old to give it a good thrashing..he used to drive a jag for god's sake *redface* *redface* He's already complaining the tillets are hard and he needs some padding *rolleyes* *rolleyes*

I always find it's best to abuse someone when they can't talk back 😬 I think if the weather is ok we're gonna meet up at RAF Duxford , seems about half way for lunch. Looking forward to seeing your ex car Martin. By all accounts I'm not going to miss its sombre colour *cool* *cool*

Farmer Gilby- as my son says when we talk about him "I am in the room you know".

I've sent off my application form today and hope I will be forgiven for impersonating you just this once. I would hate to be ejected from such a great club before I join especially after being a voyeur for so long so to speak. By the way maybe a change of password is due old boy.

Anyway just to say the byk is absolutely stonking and many thanks are due to Martin. (Unless it all goes bang or fizz or grrrrcrunchpop tomorrow on the way to Duxford).I'd say its almost as fast as my real bike (to 70 ish), certainly as much fun, but without quite the same danger factor which I admit I am now too old to truly enjoy and will be selling when I get my act together.(I've still got more hair than you though mate!)

The sequential change and circa 11000 rpm I find absolutely bonkers fun in a car and quite natural apart from one fluffed shift blatting around between the showers today.

I am hoping the lotus krypton green will avoid "sorry i didn't see you mate" moments but in any event I love the colour even if it does match the waterproof trousers I saw the bin men wearing today and the buses on the IOW Martin told me about. I am sourcing some onyx stickers for her.

The car has proved a hit with my two kids which is surprise because my son has always said caterhams are carp compared to an atom and my daughter said yuk when she saw a photo on pistonheads.

I picked them both up from school ,not simultaneously obviously, without the sidescreens and both loved it. My son said better than any roller coaster (when he regained the power of speech) and my daughter insisted on kissing the car goodnight in the garage! Don't get that with any of the other vehicles or swmnbo come to think of it.

Looking forward to seeing neil tomorrow abw and hopefully some of the Essex contingent next Thursday at my first Monthly meet. I will try and bring another new sevener along who also lives in Frinton on Sea like me and picked up his seven on Monday. (Steve if you are reading this give me a call. Shane has the number).

Finally neil thanks for getting my reg,colour, name and address on the interweb. If it helps anyone banned from ebay and looking for a new source of easy income my alarm code is 7777 and I live at 77 7th Avenue Frinton on Sea ,Essex, Kentucky, USA.

Best wishes all.

Now just need to think of a handle. Now I think of it blat chat is a bit like the old CB radio banter. What happened to that?

Finally have a look at neil's profile on book a track (neil wee willy gilby) for his true love.

Will

PS hope i can find a spell check somewhere on hear(sic).

I am impersonating the farmer again. Double apologies.He is out but will doubtless comment later.

We had a great day and neil seemed suitably scared/impressed in the passenger seat especially the one handed oversteer (explanation later).

He had a good blast and after the classic novice bec take off at 7k rpm i think he enjoyed the dark side except the failed hill start (he will probably blaim his size 12 wellies)

The only negative was another nova box victim although not the usual scenario!

This sounds a bit like an uncle fester story but as usual I was running late and jumped back in the car after petrol stop. The entry was faster than expected as the blinkin caterham floor mat skated towards the pedals with both my feet on top and backside headed for tillet at quite a rate.

Not a major problem normally but little finger on left decided to try and arrest my fall on the half tonneau and ended up 90 degrees to normal position . Much swearing and bandaging later I continued to meet neil one handed all the way but changing gear with gritted teeth.

Why blame the nova. Well it had spat its dummy and an eggcupful of oil out which found its way under aforementioned caterham mat and produced a zero friction enviroment. I will be seesking out one of those no win no fee laywers for a possible class action obviously but in the meantime the mats are in the bin and I looking for a better catch bottle.

To teach it a lesson for misbehaving and the gbh on me I have left it out in the torrential rain and the 911 has just held on to the garage for a little while longer. I would have put her away but she was already wet and filthy and with one hand i couldn't open the garage doors.

Finally I feel no shame as a former jag owner as it was an xkr, cough convertable, although before that i did have an xj6 which was maybe a bit mature for me at the time but it complemented a tvr phase I went thru.

Hope you won't be caterhamless for long but at least its not summer.

Best wishes

Will (one handed typing for a while)

Oh PS What brake fluid do we have in ? I want to try a bleadin session.

Schizo Neil *wavey*

Brake fluid is DOT 4 but it mixes with 5.1

My catch tank obviously isn't up to the revs your giving the poor girl 😬

I wonder if it would be prudent to make up a catch tank with the inlet in the bottom so the oil can drain back into the box as I don't remember overfilling it enough to lose too much oil.

Hope the fingers recover quickly *redface*

Martin

Oi old man , how many miles have i driven today!!! Having stalled and hiccuped and revved the Blackbird one can only conclude that it goes like stink and that my poverty spec k series, replete with click, is in fact an asmatic ( spelling !) slug with an extraordinary large bag of shopping. I am now of course seriously disgruntled at the somewhat lethargic pace of my poor old k series even at 7750rpm 😳 I seem to recall driving a 360 Spider flat out and being left by an Enzo at a similar rate. The bastard.

Martin, very impressed with your ex-bird , i'd just need to adjust pedals abit for my farmer feet but great noise and poise.

Right who out there has a Hayabusa Caterham for sale. 😬