Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Worn MXV2's vs RE720's

Martin S.

I'm doing my first sprint at Curborugh in May and am trying to decide if it's worth getting a set of RE720's.

My existing tyres are (the original I think, 1994 car) MXV2's and are down to 2-3mm of tread and do seem to be getting better as they get more worn. I did a blat around 3 Sisters a couple of years back and they went off as they overheated, whearas I did the same a couple of weeks ago and they seemed much better once they'd warmed up after a couple of laps + they didn't go off as they got hotter. Will brand new RE720's or similar be any better?

I know I'm not going to be up with the best but would at least like to have a reasonably competative set up.

Dedion 2Ltr Zetec

get the new tyres a decent set of tyres does make an improvement 8 year old tyres are wooden the back will step out on the fast bends and it will understeer like a b******d in the slow bends i have struggled for years with rubbish tyres (financially challenged) in rallying racing hillclimbs not advised get the new tyres ive got a set a definite improvement on my 10 year old yoko,s i had on the last car.