Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Woo Hoo, I'm going to Croft

David Lynch

Steve *wavey*, consider me 75kg of movable ballast on the 5th *thumbup*. I'll offer my services to help and take a few *wink* photo's. (If funds can stretch i.e. I sell a bass) I've already asked if there are any places left, else maybe Circuit-Days the day before. Must admit thought the Dunlop thing was going to be 20 or 30 folk not 7 (seems like a good number) *smokin*

1.4K SS 😬 Job hunting and smiling *smile*

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the talk through the other night A10ROX *thumbup*. Circuit guide slowly filtering into the grey matter. Just got Email today saying the assessment part of the event will be split between a 968CS (one of my all time favourite cars) and the Seat Leon FR Racecar. *smokin*

1.4K SS 😬 Just smiling *smile*

Top 3 finish (be that 2nd or 3rd I do not know) and had an awesome day with Dunlop. I'll post more later, off for the weekend now !!! Never thought I'd prefer FWD over RWD around a track and certainly not a Seat over a Porsche 968... 😔

Motors TV (whatever that is) in November allegedly *wink*

*arrowup* 😶‍🌫️ *smokin* 😶‍🌫️ *smokin* 😶‍🌫️ *arrowup*

Dave sounds like you had an awsome time - what's next?

I've just taken the 'blade out for my first track day - Elvington - 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 - the car is obviously a lot more able than I am; so I'll be looking to get some expert tution - hint hint *wavey*

cheers

Rob

Rob, we'll get you down to Cadwell next then 😬

Has to be said I'm still in awe of the race prepared Leon FR (on road legal tyres) and I learned so much about where I need to develop my track driving from the 968 😔. The Se7en really does flatter, maybe to deceive *confused*. More tuition please.....

Day was great with 20 minutes under instruction from Calum Lockie in one of his 968's (on slicks with 993 Turbo Brakes) and same again from Ben Miller in the Leon FR (Full race prepared and set up on Road tyres, Dunlop of course). I just loved the way it handled from the rear. Anything less than straight line braking brought it into play. My late (read: far too late) approach into Tower gave me confidence in how hard the car could be pushed.

Media tests and TV was a bit less comfortable, but bearable *redface*.

Lunchbreak from the trackday (EVO Trackday and Dunlop Sport Maxx race weekend testing including 14-16 year olds in Ginetta Juniors through to Radical SR8's) was a Slalom in a Punto HGT !!, Clean but not the fastest. Winner was a guy called Phil Abbott who will hopefully go on to win the big prize. *wavey*

I found my level and look forward to raising my own bar. i.e. More track instruction and no excuses for the Speed Championship in 2008. Nomex and new lid to buy..... *cool*