Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Boxing fuel filler pipe in boot

bstark

At an absolutely soaking wet (where's the drowned rat smilie when you need it? *rolleyes*) Goodwood sprint yesterday the scrutineers weren't happy with me going out with the hood up (didn't fancy a 2hr drive back with the missus sitting in a lake 😬) - because the rubber pipe from the fuel filler then became "within the cockpit" and then needed to be boxed with a firewall.

They were very good about it and we came to a compromise that they were OK with, but I'd like to box it properly for next time. Is there a standard Caterham part for this, or is it simply a case of bending some ally and bolting it to the boot floor?

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

Guys - that's really generous of you both *smile*.

Stationary - if this all works out, let me know when and where to pick it up. YHM re: contacts etc.

Donation to Neuk guaranteed!

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

Mick - I picked up the cover from Ian last night (nice SV, by the way, Ian *thumbup*) and, again, just wanted to say a big thankyou to you both.

I really can't imagine another club offering an FOC product, and arranging delivery amongst themselves, in response to one question - just brilliant *cool*.

Bob Stark

Supersprinter

All part of the service.

I often get out of the office, and plod wearily around the UK, so will perhaps post advance notice of my travels when in estate car, to see if anyone is on my route, and in need. Car is often full of work-stuff, so not offering to transport sets of 5 wheels or engines !!

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. photos