Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Scrubbing noise from rear wheel

Ray Pearce

When I turn left I hear what I can only describe as a scrubbing noise coming from my right rear wheel. I have checked the wheel/tyre for any signs of something rubbing but all looks OK. I have checked the bearing for play (by jacking up on the dedion tube and rocking the wheel) and can only detect the tiniest amount of movement which matches the movement I get in the left hand wheel which doesn't make the noise.

It has been making the noise for over a year now and doesn't seem to be getting any worse but I finally decided that it ought to get sorted, so...

Has anyone got any ideas what it might be?

you might want to have a look at the de dion tube / ear to see if it is touching the inside of your wheel rims, i had to file down the end plate on the de dion tube as it was maching / touching the inside of my new 13" Caterham rims 😳

Alex

@silver7 - I have the standard minilite style wheels and there is no sign of any contact.

@RJ - Possible - I have re-routed the cable slightly to see if this helps. Just got to wait for it to stop raining to give it a try (Should stop sometime in the next few months)

Any more thoughts anyone?