Click here if you are having website access problems ×

basic brake pad sizes

Jam Mad

hi there... i may be getting some new front brake pads this weekend if the old ones are worn, and want to call around to find who sells them in london.

can someone help me by telling me which sizes i need ? mintex and ebc please.

the car is a '95 live axle 1700 x flow with the old style front suspension where the roll bar is part of the top wishbone, type thing....

cheers,

j

Right guys, here goes again on the Green stuff theme.

1. The pads only crack on hard use with standard solid discs - they do not crack on vented big brake discs which run cooler.

2. The cracks are hairline, but deep and right across the face of the pad - you won't know they've cracked 'til you take them out and examine them.

3. Whether the crack would eventually lead to any sort of failure I don't know-neither would I wish to find out.

4. This happened on my car 18 months ago, and on my friend's a year ago - in both cases it was just one pad from each front caliper which was affected - if anybody can convince me that was just coincidence, I'll buy 'em a pint.

5. If you read their ads. EBC are always changing their pad formulations - development or marketing, whatever you want to call it - all I know is that's what happened with mine and my mate's cars - maybe it's not a problem anymore?

Paul