Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsey and the floods..

neil.cavanagh

It seems we've had every news station here too, but it's really only bad when it's actually raining - all the roads that were closed last night are open and mostly dry this morning.

The Severn is very high, but it's been areas that you wouldn't expect to flood that have suffered ...

I dont' think the White Hart is owned by the Swedes any more... or so I've heard. THey used to do a good smorgasbord on wed evening (I think), with 'authentic' barmaids.. *tongue* *tongue*

Let me know if you head to the mont wine bar mid-week.... Mine's a pint of landlord.. 😬 😬 😬

Oh and there's me thinking your's would be a Babysham Neil *tongue*

Is there a hostelry in the 'Nam region you don't know about?? *rolleyes* had a flyer from the college that Hotel du Vin is open soon *thumbup*

Hotel Du VIn... that sounds like my type of hotel!! I'll pop in there one evening next week and book myself in for the week after if it looks any good!!

and where ever I work I do try and sample as many of the local establishments as possible. After 3 odd years in 'nam on expenses I've tried most places! 😬 😬

Though I have yet to try The Blue Room... *tongue*

Update on their website.. *thumbup* *thumbup* 😬 😬 😬

Shelsley Walsh 30th June/1st July

Despite rumours to the contrary both of this weekends meetings at Shelsley Walsh will be running despite the earlier flooding in the area. The River Teme is now only a foot above it's usual level and the area is getting back to normal.

The competitors camping and trailer park is now situated in the Orchard and lower Main car park. Please follow the signs.

The MAC Office is being inundated with phone calls regarding this matter and unless your call is of an urgent nature please do not call.