Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carb Flow Meters for around £25

Big Brother

Can't believe the coincidence! I was out blatting with my good lady over the weekend and commented to her that I must buy a balancing 'thingy' to rid ourselves of the constant popping & banging. It now looks as though my prays have been answered. I am already dialling while writing this!

Geoff W

H7 CAT

Just Ordered mine too! Tried to order by phone and got some really unhelpful guy who just told me that orders are only accepted via web site. Price of £23.50 is also subject to VAT & P&P, but still a bargain I guess, and a lot cheaper than paying someone else to do it.

Geoff W

H7 CAT

Hope you saw mine there Chris. I think I was first to order (after Steve) but it hasn't sodding well arrived yet!mad.gif

It's nearly as bad as waiting for Low Flying. Every night I get home from work and look around for my latest gift to myself but, alas, no luck yet.

Brent

Can I ask a naive question here?

I have read all the posts relating to these meters with interest, and am considering ordering one. However, I have no idea how to use the sucker let alone how to tune a carburettor, so my question is, do I need a PhD, or could a thicko like me do it? What's the procedure?

Cheers!

Andreas.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif Could not wait till the weekend to try out my new Synchrometer, so did a balancing and mixture adjustment this evening. Incredible!!! the difference is phenominal.....from popping and banging at low revs when pulling and almost continual backfire on the overrun to complete smoothness without a single pop or bang. Car is now a dream to drive again. Best £28.80 I have spent for a long time and I have the confidence now to do it again as soon as the carbys go off tune a bit. teeth.gif teeth.gif teeth.gif

H7 CAT

Blueshark,

Procedure, whip off the air filters, turn up the revs to around 1500.

Push meter into carb trumpets in turn, (use the two inside trumpets from each carb only)

Adjust the balance screw, between the carbs (thats the screw that is on the carb linkeage bar) turn the screw either in or out, object is to get the same airflow reading from both trumpets. Carbs are now balanced.

Dead easy, have fun!! Doesn't help you with slow running mixture though, which can also make the carbs pop and spit!!

£28 to balance yer carbs???? What's wrong with 3ft of windscreen washer hose and an ear - if it's good enough for Pops Yoshimura (the original Japanese bike engine tuner, with lots of success on Brit bikes and Mini's too) it's good enough for me! wink.gif

That leaves £27-50 to spend on beer.... mmmmmm beeeeeeeer...... smile.gif

Had a similar experience as Geoff when trying to order by 'phone, got the same unhelpful and obnoxious g*t on the other end of the line who seemed to resent the fact that I had not ordered directly from his web site, and totally indiferrent to the fact that I wanted to purchase something that he was selling.

I guess everyone has a bad day, but surely not to a potential customer, now where is that DT catalogue.

I have heard similar comments from several people now.

I dont think this guy (Superformance) knew what hit him as the orders and enquiries started to roll in teeth.gifteeth.gifteeth.gif

For £25.00 surely you don't expect customer service and politeness too.....

There's no pleasing some people wink.gif

Steve

www.Se7en-Up.co.uk id=green>

Well, when I went to the workshop to buy a couple of units the chap was very helpful. We had a chat about tuning 'K's and he showed me the Ferrari engines they're rebuilding etc.

He did say (after I mentioned that most of the units packaged ready to go were members of the L 7 C) that he wished the club had bought them in bulk & distributed them. We missed out there on probably an even better price!!!

He did say too that these things go in batches. The VW club had a run on 'em same as a Ford based club did. Guess word gets around on the web!!!