Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carb Flow Meters for around £25

Big Brother

For all you peeps with popping, banging and spitting Webers smile.gif

Spotted a BARGAIN here

Carburettor Flow Meter

£23.50

WHY pay somebody to set the carburettors on you car when with a very small outlay you can do this,

also you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Synchrometer Flow Meters are designed for measuring the air flow directly on the air intakes

of the carburettors. The sensitivity of this instrument is excellent, this gives very accurate readings. Accurate mixture and idling settings can then be easily achieved.

Full instructions are en-closed for tuning multiple carburettors as fitted to 206,246 and 308 engined cars.

I called them this morning and they say they have around 300 in stock and you dont have to own a Ferrari to but from them teeth.gif

Steve

www.Se7en-Up.co.uk

id=green>

I have always used the Mercury type carb balancers as used on 4 cylinder bikes on my twin webers. I connect the gauges directly to the carbs via adaptors. This gives you the 4 readings simultaneously. Do these gauges offer any advantage over this type of set-up?

The Synchrometer is a nice, ''satisfying'' instrument for the money, but how does it do the job any better than a cheapie Gunson manometer? I had one ''on loan'' and sure it was a bit easier, but about six times the price!

I've got fed up with checking mine - they hardly ever seem to go o-o-b. How do you manage it?!

I've got a Gunson thingy as well but found it difficult to get an accurate reading as the bloody thing kept falling off whatever I attached it to. Additionally with the Synchrometer you are looking at a dial as apposed to a piece of plastic floating up and down in a plastic tube. The Synchrometer is also pre set on the amount of air flow required to prevent stalling. In my opinion an excellent piece of kit that makes balancing more fun and more accurate. Having said that a true expert will probably do it as well with a piece of tubing or a stethescope without the cold flat bit.

I've had one of these for a while now and they're very nice and easy to use.

My throttles do go out of balance, presumably because the balancing adjustment screw thingy isn't secure enough so it vibrates loose.

I'd definitely recommend that everyone with webers should get one of these.

Anthony

I agree with John,

The Gunson "tube with floating plastic thingy" is very hard to get an accurate reading as the thingy keeps moving and the engine tries to stall.

I had a tune the other day (thanks Steve F) and a dial type gauge was used.

this made it so simple and straight forward I had to have one smile.gif

Got to admit, I did get it pretty close with the Gunson but this was more luck than skill.

Steve

www.Se7en-Up.co.uk id=green>

Steve, you are my Hero. I have been looking for this thing for ages, the guys at Autocentre, Darlington, always use one of these to set my car up but could not remember where they got it from. Excellent, a must have for Weber cars.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif, thanks Steve, been thinking about buying one of these for ages, but found £40+ a bit steep.

Got a crappy Gunson effort and have borrowed one of these Synchrometers, quick, simple and spot on results.

Well worth buying one.

Cheers

JOhn

Mine arrived too.

The make is the same as the Demon Tweeks version (STE)

The syncrometer is a slightly different model (BK instead of SK) to the DT one and has a by-pass feature built in to allow adjustment for high airflow (setting at high revs?)

The meter has a 2" inlet and comes with an adaptor to allow fitment to smaller size intakes so looks fine for Seven use.

One point is that with the adapter fitted, it is slightly longer than the DT version. This "may" be an issue for clamshell equiped cars but I can't see this being a major problem as the rubber is pretty pliable.

All in all - very good value for £28.00!

No association with Superformance (I wishsmile.gif), just a happy customer!

Steve

www.Se7en-Up.co.uk id=green>