Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsley "Tips"

The Comp Sec

Dear Headmaster,

Shelsley is a real hill. Do make sure you walk the course - you will see for yourself then the very limited runoff and the steepness of the hill. Although looking a deceptively simple hill you do need to get the lines correct - particularly at the right hander Top S where the camber is wrong and you will end up on or in the grass bank if you are not careful. Shelsley is a power hill.

The resurfacing done in the spring does reportedly give good grip - particularly in the dry. However it is not unlimited as Darren found out much to his annoyance a few weeks back just past Crossing. In the wet treat Shelsley with deep respect!

The start line is slightly uphill.

If its your first hill you will be pleasantly surprised by the number of spectators around both in the paddock and watching the action up the hill. Shelsley is great for spectators with picnics etc when the weather is fine.

You can only park your competition car in the paddock. Towcars/trailers etc have to be parked in the Officials/Competitors car park across the road. Hence leave plenty of time to get the car off the trailer and get all your bits and pieces to your allocated spot or shed in the paddock.

Practice at Shelsley Walsh is not in class/number order. After the car is scrutineered you sign up in which practice batches you want to do your practice runs at the kiosk at the back of the signing-on hut.

See you all Saturday. I will (as Deputy Clerk of the Course this year) be as usual based in the Farmyard near the start line - but I will try and say Hi when possible.

Also as Rob mentioned in another thread on Sunday there is a MAC/VSCC vintage car event - much slower yes - but equally entertaining.

Have a great Shelsley

Brian

Edited by - bl0498 on 26 Jun 2007 22:18:06

I imgine the worst thing is going to be getting the cars and trailers in and out of the paddock parking field. Its a nitemare even with average weather - unless the venue has the forsight to get some more gravel in to dress the entry / exit gate *smile*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia Area Rep *thumbup*

A brief update on the conditions at Shelsley Walsh today - Wednesday:

- track, paddock fine.

- normal competitors/officials carpark is under water still! Contingency plans are being looked at now

- Ham bridge over the River Teme - the bridge on the route out of Worcester through Martley (that I use) is permanently shut apparently - with suspected structural damage. The water was going over the bridge on Monday.. The directions signs to Shelsley are being amended to avoid this route.

- Everything else fine.

See you Saturday.

Brian

Mark

I supposed I asked for that insult, hopefully picking said canoe up tomorrow so if it gets home in one piece I may see you on Saturday,

(With the weather at the moment it looks like buying a canoe wasn't such a bad idea 😬 😬 😬)

Graham

Looking for a new vocation in life or is that a vacation