Click here if you are having website access problems ×

crossflow bits, accusump, mirrors, Snap-On

Bricol

I'll give these a go on here first before ebay calls:

All for crossflow:

Piper 300 camshaft - looks pretty much unused -no marking no the lobes at all - £35

Piper 285 camshaft - again, excellent condition - next to no lobe marking - £30

Kent Cams BCF2 - excellent condition once again - £30

Big valve head - no idea as to who did it but looks good. Ported. Double springs and alloy caps (nice red ones 😬). Inlets 40mm dia Exhausts 34mm dia. One stat mounting thread stripped, but suitably shaped bolt inserted from underside. Start at £180 but make me an offer. Will cost a bit to post as it weighs 17.5kg, but happy to do so.

Sump pan - I think it's Caterham - I certainly bought it as a Caterham one - it's stell pan, with a reinforced bottom - looks to have been battered in the past, but looks oil-tight, although I've not used it - £30

Brand spanking new Accusump - a 2 quart version ( 1.9 ltrs) complete with gauge and mounting clamps - note it has NPT threaded fittings - much as it pains me to say it, these American pipe threads seal better and more reliably than BSP. Fittings to suit are easy obtainable in the UK from motorsport and industrial sources. £150.

I do have a new electric valve kit for this - £50 Allows you to simply flick a switch on the dash to close it off from the engine before you switch off, so when you start next, you have instant oil pressure from the Accusump.

Filter King fuel pressure regulator - for carb set-ups - complete with filter. Glass bowl perfect, but I've lost the rubber seal for it. £15

Caterham standard side screen mirrors - good condition, no stone chipping to the metal bits and glass perfect. Complete with fixing bolts £30

And now for something different - two Snap-On bodywork hammers - both lightly used but in excellent condition - open to offers.

Snap-On BF608 - Hammer, Cross Peen, Short Curve - £sold here

Snap-On BF603 - Hammer, Spot Pick, Long - £sold here

All shipping/post at cost, but collection from Keighley area (or even Shipley or Halifax) is fine.

Edited 'cos I remember a load of other stuff!

Bri

Edited by - bricol on 25 Jun 2007 19:15:24

Edited by - bricol on 25 Jun 2007 21:13:15

yep - and no.

ie No exhaust inserts - I've never run it on unleaded. With a previous engine, a local engine rebuilding place stuck inserts in for 80 quid - although I have to admit it was a while ago.

Bri

Sorry, Bri; more questions.

Do you know the max cam lift, or what cam it was running on; I'm running a 234 with iirc a .422" lift (it's a stock Caterham 1700ax supplied block from circa 93).

I probably wouldn't put inserts in at that inlet/exhaust size; probably not enough metal.

Cheers *thumbup*

Alex McDonald

A loud 1700 SS