Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CSR Front Wings

scooter

I think they're made by these guys here

Quite like the thought of a set of close hugging CSR style wings....

PS the clue is in the fact that they're advertising their website in the eBay advert *tongue*

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

Do you have these Adam? How do you go about making the wingstays?

I thought I'd heard somewhere that the CSR runs wider front tyre/wheels with different offsets? I like the idea of a bit more front end grip so would be interested in the wider wheels which I guess means making some new wingstays so I might as well have the CSR wings at the same time 😬

Any idea how easy it'd be to achieve all of the above?

here

MikeE - I have CSR wings on mine . . . They look awesome with 8" slicks underneath but a bit sh1te with standard 185 road tyres on 6.5" rims. I made my own wingstays to suit my own 8" fronts.

Making wingstays in simple enough . . ..you just need metal (I used 4130 chromoly), a welder, a grinder, and time. Then you just build the stay so it holds the mudguard in place. Tack it up insitu and then weld fully once you've taken it off.

I have some new Caterham CSR wingstays if you choose that path and want to save a few quid.

Adam, I'm interested in more front end grip AND the CSR wings - you're in Camberley right? If so maybe I could come over sometime and take a look?

cheers

here

Thanks for the offer Adam - can't make tonight though as I need to butcher my new Quaife box to get it to fit the Raceline hydraulic clutch actuator - need to cut the input shaft sleeve of the gearbox with hacksaw apparently 😳

here