Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The definitive K-series click cure?

Bricol

Mine is above the starter. Mine looks very old but I don't get any of the 'clicks' (kiss of death? *confused*)

Mine has problems turning over on occassion but I think this is when trying to start at top of compression stroke, another stab and it starts. 😬

I get the click of death. Looking at the clearance between primary #4 and the solonoid, it must be getting roasted down there. Now I also get this nasty "flat-battery" effect where, when hot, the solonoid rotates the flywheel at about 1rpm for a few seconds, all the lights go dim and then it all gives up. Battery takes charge and goes to fully charged on the conditioner, but even so, I suspect mine is a battery starting to get old but i'm going to try a re-wire and see how that goes. It always starts a-ok from cold.

stephen

old style starters have the solenoid on top - recently (as in a couple of years or so?) caterham have switched to a design with solenoid underneath...

you can also get a similar design from other places such as Brise and Dikko the Herts AO....

---

this is a local sig for local people!