Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Springs & Dampers

Mick Burrell

I have a '92 2.0l Vauxhall HPC and as all four dampers are the originals as are rear springs. The front springs only a little newer - uprated to cope with heavy lumps in engine bay and driver's seat. I'm guessing that after 15 years they will no longer be performing as they should.

What's the current recommendation? Mix of road and track day fun. Someone will no doubt suggest going wide track - or perhaps not?

Mick,

I have a narrow track car, and after research decided not to bother with wide track. I changed my dampers for Nitrons, they are superb. But if you do a search, there is plenty debate on the merits of Avo's vs Nitrons etc

Mick,

My ex race 93 VX came with wide track so cannot comment on the difference compared to narrow track. However, as it had too short dampers for road use along with way too hard springs, I fitted some s/h wide track Nitrons to the front. These have been superb and have transformed the handling of the car (so much so that I have bought a set of Nitrons to fit to the rear). Highly recommend them.

Let me know if you want any more specific info?

Nick.