Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bleed tee fitting

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I have a bleed tee ready to fit but when I tried it for size in the heater top hose (which is silicone), it wasn't a very tight fit. As I have had problems getting silicone hoses to seal in the past I was reluctant to fit the tee.

Has anyone fitted a tee with silicone hoses?

Was the tee a tight fit with rubber hoses?

Anyone had problems with their tee?

Cheers,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

How big is the inside diameter of the hoses?

I may have an answer - as the original purveyor of these things in the standard 5/8" heater hose size on here (far too cheaply according to the ebay prices . . ), I have a few larger ones.

Would a 3/4" one do a better job?

If you think it will, £3.50 including postage and donation to NTL.

Bri

Yes I've fitted one in a silicone hose, and yes I had the same concerns. The hose will be 16mm, whereas the tee will be 5/8" which is marginally smaller. I smeared a very small amount of silicone gasket around the tee close to the branch. Seems to have done the trick *thumbup*.

• Support Team

Bri - it's one of your's that I have. *thumbup* I'ts just been sat on the shelf as I have had no need to drain the coolant until now.

As Ged points out the hose is 16mm. If the tee is 5/8" then there is a small discrepancy (0.2mm by my calculations). With rubber hoses I would not have given this a second thought but I have had trouble getting silicone ones to seal and in fact swapped back to rubber for the radiator bottom hose.

I will try a bit of silicone gasket as suggested.

Cheers.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

fitted the 'Bricol' bled tee into a samco silicon pipe no problems *thumbup* but then I had no problems sealing any of the other joints either. Get a good clip that seals all the way round and make sure you clean the inside of the hose where it will fit on the tee.

Andy