Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear ARB dropdown link position

Nifty

Since I rebuilt the car and broke one of the dropdown links, which had ceased with rust, I have been running without it connected on one side .. therefore in affect no rear ARB.

I have new dropdown links and was going to fit them tonight when I had a moment of confusion. Should the link attach to the bolt holding the radius arm to the de dion tube on the inside or the outside.

Looking at the alignment of the radius arm bolt and the overhead ARB I would say they are supposed to be on the inside .. however, my bolts are the other way round, so the ARB would be attached to the outside.

Can someone confirm which way round these bolts should be 🤔

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Thanks Ric.

It just looks like the angle from the end of the radius arm bolt on the outside to the ARB is too tight for comfort for the dropdown link knuckles, whereas if they were on the inside it is almost a vertical line. *confused*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

• Support Team

Normal position is on the outside but if you run wider wheels (8") then you will need to move them to the inside to avoid them fouling. So really it doesn't matter which side they are - I have run both positions and had no issues (although on very, very hard track cornering the drop link does just touch the tyre *eek*).

Yellow SL *cool* #32