Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Help needed

K16TOY

I am currently trying to change my old expansion tank to a new fish bowl type tank and have got the mounting bracket but have no idea where the bracket goes so if any one could send me a photo of the position of the tank and bracket it would be great 😬 my car is a 97 1.6 Supersport with Apollo.

And yes I am a complete moron when it comes to the mechanical side so please be gentle with me *redface*

Nathan

My Toy now with Aeroscreen here

Ok have worked out where the bracket goes what a tool it was simple in the end but now the large oil pike up pipe from the apollo gets in the way have Caterham given me the wrong expansion bottle as when I bought it on the invoice it stated not for cars with Apollo and I was told it would be fine or do I need to twist the Apollo round so the pipes clear.

No benefit my rad sprung a leak so I had to change the rad so thought might as well clean the expansion tank out could not get the rubber pipe off so add a little too much force while pulling the pipe and using my feet to keep the tank in place when the bottle cracked at the pipe mounting point *redface* and I went flying with the pipe in hand 😬 and the tank I have is no longer available *mad*.

Edited by - K16TOY on 16 Jun 2007 12:02:12

Hi Darren

Thank you for the info *thumbup* will take the tank back to Caterham and get the correct tank as I did not want to mess about with moving the Apollo.

Nathan

Edited by - K16TOY on 16 Jun 2007 12:20:58

The new Caterham one must have cost £30 with the bracket and cap did not pay attention to the cost as I did not have a choice in the matter *redface* I have learnt my lesson now I am never going to take a part off to clean again 😬 problem solved.

Nathan