Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shelsley Walsh Entries

Mark Durrant

This year the MAC have received 39 entries from competitors in our championship but unfortunately as there are only 25 places available and they have asked me to advise them who should get an entry. Note: this is exactly the same as last year and following discussion at the Tech Forum last year it was agreed that the decision should be left with the Competition Secretary.

Now to the difficult decision on who gets an entry on 30 June. I have given this some serious thought since last years event and I realise that whatever I decide some people are going to be bitterly disappointed but I suppose that comes with the role. Anyway here is my decision and the reasoning behind it:

As with last year I have used the results from the current season and last year’s championship to determine who should have an entry. However, whilst ensuring the top drivers from each class are present I put the remaining names in a hat to give everyone who entered a chance to compete. My reasoning behind this is as follows:

1. Whilst our championship is about having fun it is also about motorsport and therefore I have let the driver’s performance dictate the entry list.

2. We need to put on a show for the MAC as the events at Shelsey Walsh attract a large number of paying spectators, the top drivers will help us to achieve this objective.

3. By having the top drivers in each class present it will ensure good competition with no 'easy' championship points on offer.

The drivers who will receive final instructions for the event on 30 June are as follows:

Class 1

Matthew Jenkins

Class 2

Malcolm Hickey, Paul Collins, Graham Howard, Colin Heseltine, Mike Sankey, Richard Price, Andy Nicholls, Dan Malkin and Rob Herring

Class 3

Robin Brackett, Rob Margel, David Nelson, Jeff Smith and Adrian Williams

Class 4

Ian Keen, Nigel Fox and Neil Cavanagh

Class 5

Shaun Elwell, Roland Preece, Rob Grigsby, Ken Evans, Simon Rogers and Andy Griffiths

Class 6

David Brown

There are 13 drivers who will competing at Shelsley Walsh who did not get an entry last year and hopefully by splitting the entries between the top drivers and a draw for the rest we can give everyone a chance to compete at this historic venue. Although I submitted an entry I decided not to compete this year to give someone else an opportunity.

I realise this will disappoint many of you but we should remember that no one is guaranteed an entry to any event but as we have 14 rounds in the championship there is ample opportunity for people to compete in 7 rounds.

I hope you understand the reasoning behind my decision, even if you do not agree with it and I would ask that we keep the debate on here constructive. If you have any strong feelings on the matter please either drop me an email or speak to me in person.

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to your continued support.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited to put Paul Collins in the correct class

Edited by - mark durrant on 11 Jun 2007 13:22:57

Mark,

Whilst delighted to see my name on the list, I think the old x-flow and me might struggle on list 1a's in Class 3!

Given my shameful lack of attendance at this year's events, if you wish to pull another name from the hat to bolster Class 3 or other less well-subscribed classes, by all means do so.

If not, I will be thrilled to be there - but in Class 2 please!

Thank you

Paul

Ken, I got a letter though the post today apologising that they'd debited the bank account, then credited it again in error, then re-debited it! Despite this, my entry still stands, (they also sent all the reciepts of transaction with the letter) so it may have been a mistake they made on many entrants!