Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pembery results?

Englishmaninwales

I thought it said it all when the commentator pointed out what a nice friendly bunch the L7 Club sprinters were

At the awards ceremony giving he also commented that we were driving the real 7's knowing that there were Westy owners in the audience 😬 *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of removing my windscreen, buying sticky tyres and sharpening the timing strut to make my 100bhp Live axle a few 1/10th quicker next time

Aeroscreen only makes a difference at some venues (Pembrey being one!) but at most it's a waste of money. Main advantage for me is that it doesn't have an inside to get covered with water *smile*

Thought you already had 539s tho? There's not a lot to choose between them and the other decent 1a tyres TBH. (Perhaps we should have swapped wheels for the shootout!?)

And you'd be better getting an extending timing strut as per wacky races *tongue*

R

I knew that grey power would overcome the cocky youngsters eventually *wink* *wink*

I think I had some good fortune on Sunday as Danny had a spin on the first timed run and although his natural talent (although I have heard this may be nothing to do with driving 😬 😬) nearly overcame it, I had the advantage of not being too far behind after practice and having a couple of reasonably good timed runs - I am not sure if I beat Danny's best practice time but it was pretty close I think. but it is just so difficult to remember........................

It was a great weekend and thanks to Simon and Fiona for the hospitality - at least you don't make me drink too much unlike that Mark Durrant

The competition between the girls (or should I say Se7en S.......?) was great, but after Kate went off at paddock flat in 4th, across the saw tooth kerbing, onto the grass, spun, back across the track and finished up on the grass the other side, and came back with a huge grin describing it as awesome - I am starting to worry *eek* *eek*.

I think they all improved really well, especially at a place like Pembray where it is a real test of confidence.

I am pretty pleased though 😬 😬

Oh yes, and I beat Simone on Saturday as well!!

Mike

Mike

after Kate went off at paddock flat in 4th, across the saw tooth kerbing, onto the grass, spun, back across the track and finished up on the grass the other side, and came back with a huge grin describing it as awesome - I am starting to worry

The grin was even larger after someone told her she went 'aerial' with all four wheels off the ground 😬 and as for the gravel rash I'm sure it will polish out *tongue*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Yup - pity about the new gravel rash - but at least she kept the wing on - so not quite as bad as Dad *eek* *eek*!! It might have been a close thing though considering the amount of grass trapped under the wing.

Mark, as you are therefore excused wing replacement duties, you can try polishing it out - it is probably all your fault anyway for telling her to floor it round paddock.

And of course none of this was helped by Simon encouraging her on the track day!!

No really - thanks Simon - now you know what it feels like to be driven by someone who seems nuts 😬 😬

Mike

Simon - well, whatever gave you that idea 😬

Fiona will probably kill you, but I think it gave Kate a real boost to have your views of her laps of Pembrey.

We will just have to remind her that max agression on the first lap is not necessarily the best idea *nono*

Mike

Only if I don't manage to effectively hide the application form!

We still have to put an entry in for her - now that she is fully familiar with spinning on all sorts of surfaces *eek*she has decided that maybe it isn't so bad after all!

Hope she can still get in.

Mike

It was interesting to learn on viewing the speed results after Pembrey that the headmaster was in 13th in overall position. We at 7tips are assured that he will regain his pole position in the not too distant future.

Mark - cheers!!!

Does anyone know how to insert smilies onto a message

Clive

I'm sure the team principal will come good in the end and many thanks for your kind hospitality over the weekend.

P.S. I hope I did not create too much work for your hard pressed housekeeper 😬

To enter a smiley just click on the icon on the left *arrowleft*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Thanks Mark for the info but we still cannot register the desired smilie. We keep on getting a letter within a bracket. Is there a sequence to follow after selecting the back arrow icon - or are we just being silly or stupid. Not familiar with computer speek.