Sunday

Class 1 - Richard Ormson

Class 2 - Mike Sankey

Class 3 - David Nelson

Class 4 - Neil Cavanagh

Class 5 - Simon 'I've not got an inertia switch anymore' Rogers

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Even though it was peeing down by the time Mark went out.

We all treated it as psychological rain

It wasn't 🙆🏻

It was wet wet wet.

Someone told me I did a 720 spin (I thought it was 360 - but i did keep the right foot in) I cruised over the line an did a 58 something 😶‍🌫️

Very well indeed *smile*

I can't remember exact times *rolleyes* but for the highlights (Sunday only - I wasn't there on Saturday)......

It was a close run thing with less than 3 seconds separating the girls' times *cool*

Fiona led the way with a stirling final run (a 57 I think) and was definitely the quickest going into Paddock *thumbup*

Kate wasn't far behind her with a 58,

Gill was chasing them with a 59 on her last run - a well deserved sub-60 *thumbup*

I was bringing up the rear with a pitiful best time of 60.3............

I hear there were a couple of spins on Saturday (naming no name - Kate and Fiona *tongue*) and a good time was had by all.

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing

Edited because I got it wrong *rolleyes*

Edited by - Tam on 4 Jun 2007 11:38:14

Thanks Tam *thumbup* *smile*

Sounds like it made for an exciting weekend *eek* 😬 Well done all *thumbup* ( wayhey... spins!! 😶‍🌫️ )

... must admit I was feeling rather wistful, whilst hoovering yesterday 😔

What's the story about Saturday? Was there really only one practice & one timed run *confused*

Edited to add congrats to Danny & Mike "The fastest zimmer in the west" Sankey *thumbup*

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Edited by - Kipper on 4 Jun 2007 11:28:41

Kipper

There were a number of problems on Saturday that meant only around 5 of us got to start the second timed run before the 6pm curfew as we were unfortunately the last class ☹️

I will not go into the problems on here but will take this up with the organisers once the dust has settled. That said they did lay on a one run shoot out on Sunday for us to try and compensate for what happened *thumbup*.

The girls times on Sunday (not including the shoot out) were as follows:

Fiona 57.58secs

Kate 58.88 secs

Gill 59.44secs

Tam 60.3secs

The highlight of the weekend for me was seeing all the girls improve and the close competition between them *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Woo-hoo - what a drive.

I was sooo disappointed with my v. poor performance on Saturday, but what a difference a day (and a shorter course) made!

Thanks to Simon for showing me the lines on Friday *smile*, Dan for showing me the alternative lines on Saturday night 😬 and Kate and Fiona for sorting out my gears on Sunday 😶‍🌫️ *thumbup* I can not believe what a difference it made!

Oh, and thanks to Shaun for keeping the car in one piece and fuelled up in between my runs 🥰

As you can probably tell, I'm really enjoying this sprinting lark 🥰

Well done to all the ladies - stunning times *thumbup*

Time for me to retire completely methinks as the best I could do on the short course last year was 70.03 😳

I notice that, in the absence of the lady saga sevener, you are now called girls 😬

Mrs K

Well done all, especially the girls *thumbup* Shame there were only two of us in Class 1 but great fun all the same 😬

I'm thinking of removing my windscreen, buying sticky tyres and sharpening the timing strut to make my 100bhp Live axle a few 1/10th quicker next time *wink*

Alistair

Alistair - welcome to the slippery slope 😬

Windycat - you're just as scary as they are (especially with Loton coming up 😬) - stay in class 5 *nono* *tongue*

I thought it said it all when the commentator pointed out what a nice friendly bunch the L7 Club sprinters were *smile*

Tam

Drowned Rat Racing