Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pembrey

Rob Walker

I just thought I would post how much I enjoyed the club track day at Pembrey on Friday. This was the clubs first visit to this venue for a track day and I am surprised that there has been no positive feedback on this forum. Thanks to Geoff Pickin and team for organising a great day, I hope that the club will return to Pembrey next year.

Rob

A very good day. Don't know how you wangled the weather, but good effort for doing so 😬

I thought the managers comments were fair enough - he is more used to dealing with racers after all - but could have been rather more tactfully presented!

R

Yeah - great day *cool* cheers Geoff *thumbup*

as for the circuit staff, they have always been the same miserable buggars *rolleyes*

There is a home made laminated A4 piece of paper behind the bar that sums up their entire approach .....it may even be BARC Mission statement 😬

"The level service you receive depends on the attitude of the customer"

this is quite hard to comprehend when you get spoken to like Phil at the briefing *tongue*

the place has always been backwards but is a great drive.

we actually had a very unusual deal in that normally there is no overtaking - even with consent, between the 2 hairpins around Debenni etc. I got thrown off in the spring for overtaking a car doing 40 mph less than me and with consent *nono* *rolleyes* 😬 I had a word with Phil in the same tone that he speaks to us *wink*, back on next session *smokin*

A great day, pity about some of the rules that the circuit has that seem different from the rest of the track day industry.

Having said that they did mention about returning next year....

Geoff *smile*