Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Spa Mirrors

DDubya

Have just fitted a RiF aeroscreen now need mirrors. Have looked at Spa but there are so many derivatives. Anyone make a recommendation. Convex, Flat

Confused of Aylesbury 😬

Danny

DDubya C7 DNW My Blue Cat

☹️ Pre 7 *smile* Post 7 😬 Post Blat

• Area Representative

Definitely convex for the sides to get a decent field of vision of anyone on your shoulder when ou want to pull out to overtake.

I like the convex centre mirror too but I know that there is a tendancy towards a flat centre mirror and convex sides as the flat centre gives a better impression of distance.

HTH

Nick

Seeing if a BEC is the way to go....

I settled for convex sides and flat centre and have no reason to wish I had gone a different route.

Whilst I don't actually like convex mirrors, they do make sense, especially when driving abroad - that extra wide field of vision helps when you are on the un-natural side of the road

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

The problem with convex for me, is that they totally distort the view of what's behind. I ran a convex one on a trackday recently and it verged on the dangerous - swapped it to a flat one for the next trackday!

For that same reason, I eschewed (always wanted to use that word on Blatchat) the carbon Racetech mirrors, which have a convex plastic "lens"