Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Freestyle ally bodied AVO dampers set up for a VX (NOT widetrack)

henry21p

Dave,

Have received email with photos ok *thumbup*. Took a long time to download, it was a big picture! Have tried to contact Gambo to ask spec and whether these are for through or under DeDion fixing. Will try to get back to you tonight.

Tim

Seven Goes Mad in Dorset

I THINK they're for the through the dedion kind, but don't quote me on that. they are about an inch shorter than my normal rears which bolt onto the lower mount (which is about the distance between the 2 mounting points)

Yes they are for a dedion with fitment THROUGH the bar. Sorry these did not work for you Dave. ☹️ Sv suspension must be different to S3. Just to add that my car is wide track and they were fitted to it. The only difference I can think is that I have the old type front damper mounts, i.e level with the top wishbone .

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile* here

Edited by - Gambo on 31 May 2007 14:13:00

Freestly DO say that they often wind in the height adjustbale type for some kind of handling reason that i didn't understand, making the damper shorter for less travel or something....

However - the fronts are definitely NOT standard widetrack length - they are normal 7 size ones! The best oracle on these may well be Freestyle themselves (if you quote my name or gambo's name, gary will know what you're talking about as he discussed with me about a day ago!)