Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roll bar and Tonneau

Phil B

Hi, just joined and got a 7 at last. It's an '85 short cockpit car and I'm looking for a standard Rollbar and tonneau for everyday road use, to replace the FIA bar and petty strut (sorry these won't be for sale, I will need them for track days).

Has anyone got something suitable? Phil B

Phil B (7 at last)

Phil,

I have a standard roll bar (Live Axle) in v.good condition sitting in the loft.

I assume it would fit a short cockpit car *confused* It came off a 2000MY Vx classic

Its yours for a small donation to NTL if you can collect from Bracknell

No tonneau i'm afraid.

Paul

Now DVA Powered SL No.174

Member No.109xx *cool* Pictures here

Hi, new to this Blatchat game. Thanks for the offer, I'll give caterham a call to find out whether it's a straight fit or if I will have to make up some sort of adapter. Getting to bracknell ought not be a problem, I'll get back to you soon.

Phil

Phil B (7 at last)

Phil, I have to ask... why are you taking the FIA bar off when you are off track?

It can stay in place without the petty strutt - infact most people never fit the strutt.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Hi John,

I'm taking the FIA bar off because the hood sticks won't go past it without unbolting them, as they foul on it. So I will end up with a saggy hood, which isn't attractive at my age!

Phil B (7 at last)

If it is a tall FIA (and you don't need it to be) I would swap it for a standard height FIA bar

I would never go back to a standard rollbar, it would be like going rock climbing and swapping your mountaineering ropes for washing line

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to visit softbits sometime to see what they have.

Apothecary, I am stil interested in the standard rollbar if its still available, how can I contact you to sort out a deal?

Phil B (7 at last)