Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New Forum

Andy G

Can I start of by saying that as someone who has spent most of his life serving on one committee or other ( no I am not volunteering yet!) I appreciate the hard work that must go into organising club trackdays and sprints. However I do feel the information/advertising for these events is not getting across to the majority of members.

For example, the North Weald Sprint is down in Low Flying and Blatchat Home Page as being on the 7th of July. I admit I am an avid reader of Blatchat but I have been away on holiday and therefore missed completely Alex Wong's posting saying that this event was cancelled until I read a completely different thread the other day.

There must be hundreds of members who are unconcerned about Arnie and Peter's spat about who spent what pre Curborough and just want info about club sprints and trackdays, therefore why not a seperate forum to deal with just those events, this would provide advance warning if changes occur and the events calendar can then be updated "in due course".

It would also mean that the hard pressed club officials could get their message across easily and as soon as the problem occurred without incurring the wrath of disaffected club members who do not access Chit Chat everyday.

Just a suggestion, but we have a seperate forum for TV programmes and Jokes and I venture to suggest this is more important.

Andy G

Edited by - Andy G on 15 Apr 2002 17:07:52

I would ssecond the views above - I only came across this post as I was using the seacrch to try and find directions to Curborough - I could not find them from the Club pages, it is only that I remembered that I had seen a map link on a thread that I am looking here.

Thanks

Nick