Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA - 118.8mph

Simon.Rogers1

The class 1 and 2 winning times were well over a second slower than last year (I think). I didnt feel I was driving any slower and ended up almost 1.4s off my best last time.. So either the cone corner, which I reckon had much less width on the exit, or a rabid squirrel was chewing on the timing equipment (more likely in yesterday's case)

over the years the course has changes with the placement of the cones - this makes records difficult to manage. I recall one year when the S coned section was quite open and you could carry a gear high out onto the back striaght *tongue*. 118mph through the trap is quite normal with 220bhp so your data would appear to be accurate. The wind also plays a big part here - a head wind slows you on the striaghts but ovbviously not much on the apex's and a tail wind raises your trap speeds.

not the usual 5 timed runs as was the club days then *rolleyes*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia Area Rep *thumbup*

I don't have data logging but hit the rev limiter in 4th (123mph) on one run and 6800 in 5th on a second run, based on the tyre circumference (just popped down and measured it) and gearing that means I hit somewhere between 125-128mph, probably explains the huge 4 wheel lock up trying to slow down for tower 😳

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

My max speed was 104, down from 106 last year. Looking at the traces exit speed from the first corner is almost identical but accelaeration tails off noticably as the car takes the flat left and turns into the wind.

Course is the same length, speed through Tower on ACB's is better by a couple of mph but you're on a balanced throttle for quite a long time so loads of time lost there. Speed through left hander afterwards down by 5mph *eek*

Overall on the long corners speeds are very similar once the car is balanced but entry speed is so much quicker on the ACB's.

Adrian

The speed trap is some way before you start braking for tower so my max speeds would have been a bit higher than the speed trap speed.

As there is so much grip it really was just a power thing so I guess the extra bhp/torque of the Duratec adds a few mph. Just a shame I couldn't get it round the corners quite as quickly 😬

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Now had a better look at the data.

First problem was that the to sets of speed data were on diferent scales hence the anomaly.

However all my apex speeds are up by 2.5 - 3 mph appart from the last corner over 5mph higher *smokin* *smokin* Must have been a wuss last year.

But I then looked at the lateral g. What a difference. The ACB graph is like a huge roller coaster seemingly finding the limit and then falling away again all the way around MIRA's never ending corners. So unless you timed this "wave" correctly you could be on the down slope when needing to apply throtle *nono*

With the Kumho the wave is far flatter. So the car is far more balanced and predictable and this is where the time comes from I believe.

Giving it some Welly. As Always!

ok so clearly loosing out to adrian by 1 mph ☹️, quite consistent with my max speed tho

run 1 102.6

run 2 103.1

run 3 103.2

run 4 102.9

probably not on the power quick enough out of the corner... 😔

Edited by - robmar on 30 May 2007 18:18:24