Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil Filters - Bulk Purchase!

Rob Morris

Any interest in a possible bulk purchase of Oil Filters?

Minimum order would be 10 filters to ensure that we obtained the most competetive prices and to reduce carriage costs where required.

Looking at covering ALL the car engine options (K-Series, Vx, X-Flow and Zetec.

Filters are manufactured by reputable company and identical to those you would purchase over the local counter.

Have yet to finalise costs, but anticipate a significant saving over the local distributors prices.

Either email me to indicate your interest and fitment or phone direct (01952) 242786

Rob,

What prices are we talking, filters aren't that expensive compared with say wheels, does the saving cover postage ?

I'd be interested in a few BD (xflow) filters if it's worthwhile. Is it worthwhile talking to Mobil on 50 litre drums of 15/50 ?

Cheers, Simon.

You should have all received mail!

Currently confirming exact specification / fitments. Once known I'll publish prices on this site for Vx, K, X/F and Zetec.

Prices will be based on me ordering 100 filters of any one type and selling them in minimum lots of 10. Currently I've not had many takers for filters which seems a little strange?

Would suggest that if we are to pull this off you need to promote a collective order with friends at your local meeting.

This should ensure that we meet the minimum 100 quantity and further reduce the cost of carriage for all.

"Thought this was going to easier than wheels"!

Rob,

We have a meeting of the MADS next Wednesday. If time allows I'll promote this thread then. I suspect it is simply a matter of not knowing the cost. I bought a filter for my xflow two weeks ago for £3.99. Can you give some sort of indication of the discount ?

Phil Owen.

At last, prices for filters!

X/Flow = £1.65ea

K-Series = £2.80ea

Vx & Zetec = £3.19ea

N.B: Prices include VAT but exclude delivery

Please bear in mind that these prices are only available if I can obtain minimum order quantity of 100 filters of any one type. Therefore if you want to benefit I would suggest that you try and raise interest at your local meeting.

Just for reference the RRP for the above are:

X/Flow = £2.25

K-Series = £3.38

Vx & Zetec = £4.88

If interested please contact me by email or phone (01952) 242786 for an order form. Obviously I would prefer it if one person could be selected from a particular area to act as point of contact, thus reducing the admin and carriage costs.

Rob,

I run a xflow with a remote filter - I have suspicions that the size of the filter is smaller than that of the standard offering. If I gave the you the type of filter I'm using now would that assist in getting the right one? If so I'll have 10 of the buggers.

Phil Owen.

ROB (VANESSA?),

I dont think so !! I was just pointing out that oil filters are cheap enough not to worry about saving "pennies". Leave the bulk buying to larger more expensive items. Lifes too short...

If I changed my oil on a weekly basis it would make economical sense, but not once ot twice a year at the most. Anyway, I dont need to volunteer as you already have. So get off my case and GET A LIFE !!