Click here if you are having website access problems ×

track day project car

milo

1991 chasis good and straight bodywork fair ,bonnet ok ,two new front wings ,new bonnet , two rear wings good ,suspension back and front , brakes back and front , front uprights and alloy hubs , front anti roll bar all steering parts , top and bottom wishbones rebushed as new , four 14 inch minilite style wheels with tyres ,four point harness , complete wiring loom with instruments to suit rover k series , five speed gearbox , radiator ,1.8 k series engine needs rebiuld timing belt gone ,4-2-1 exhaust system ,apollo anticavitation tank ,dedion tube plus other bits and bobs ,won't split £3400 no it's not stolen receipt gladly given .

milo: Assuming this car has had a VIN & been registered, if you sell it to someone, all they need to do is apply to the DVLA for the docs and they will get them. If the identification for this car has been used on another car (a ringer) the ringer will loose it's false ID and it's likely to be seized.

The existence of a VIN tag means nothing - Caterham can just remake these for the legal owner - which will be whomever owns the chassis that owns the VIN.

So, basically, if this chassis has a legible VIN (either on the wiper motor bracket or pedal box), anyone who buys it need only apply to the DVLA for the V5.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got piccies of its current state? I have a couple of mates who are twitching, but need to know the level of commitment to getting it back on track.

Quand on est au jeu, on'n'est JAMAIS seul

sorry no pictures all i can say is the bodywork is scruffy and it would need a cheap coat of paint on all the panels , major parts needed petrol tank , diff ,bell housing , scutle ,seat ,one driveshaft also you would need a lot of time and patience it is a true basket case .

I've definitely got one friend interested but photos would help if you want to get shot of it. I'll let him know what's missing and see if he is still interested.

Quand on est au jeu, on'n'est JAMAIS seul