Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

S2 on e-bay

MusCat

Bit concerning that the chassis has been 'replaced', wouldn't that not have caused it to have a different reg? Not sure I like the way it's been made to look like a S3 or the mixed wheels, and as for having 30BHP 'removed' *confused* Low mileage too.

VX HPC - Loud and proud here

Watch out, whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly

nice looking car..

Frame replacements are quit common for Lotuses it can be done nicely and the car will still apper original afterwards.

Looking at the small pictures bonnet, wings, wheels, dashboard, engine, brakesystem, rear lights and indicators are not lotus 7 S2 correct.

However it having the name Lotus on the V5 and the SB numbers still makes it a valuable car (especially outside UK), but perhaps not ideal for the originality purist.

Chassis looks like the grey Lotus chassis . . .. Arch still do them (rebuilds of course) so there's no problem there. Pedals and other bits are S2 as well. It has a lot of Caterham bodywork parts but these could be replaced with S2 bits if a more authentic S2 was wanted.

You can't please everyone al the time, My S4 has a modern engine, ohtherwise it looks completely original - all the L7 owners I know hate that fact - But they don't have to drive the car, I do and since I pay the bills I get what I want *thumbup*

I know a guy with a S3 and a Lotus VI, sad guy never drives them on the road - too uncomfortable - not much too say really - except why did he buy them in the 1st place 🤔 🤔