Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R400 build

Griffs

Yes, I'm building one- as on R300.net

Missing the engine, loom and Stack; I think I have most of the rest but haven't got very far yet! Rear end will be in this week, then on to bit and pieces.

What do you have missing, John?

Neil

IN BUILD: Guantanamo Bay Orange SUPERLIGHT R400......

Edited by - Neil.Williams on 21 May 2007 21:32:38

Hi Neil

I was missing upper wishbones, watts links & bellcranks,diff,rad,fan & cowl and

build manual the wings were damaged in transit ! I am now missing outer fan shroud, oil cooler & pipes, cooling pipes,cat collector & shroud & relevent build manual.

Are you using the 3.9 diff in your car?

Cheers

John

Mine is finished apart from the exhaust guard and a few niggles, but it has taken a while. Neil make sure you have the correct mounting plate for the stack wheel speed sensor, the one shown on R300.net is for the drive shaft mounting you will need one for the front hub.

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Edited by - BAZZA on 22 May 2007 07:48:03

John,

I've gone for the 3.62 diff; after my R300 I felt the Duratec engined car would be good for slightly longer gearing.

Could do with a specific build manual, engine install will no doubt be interesting!

Bazza, thanks- I'll talk to CC about it.

Cheers,

Neil

IN BUILD: Guantanamo Bay Orange SUPERLIGHT R400......

Neil

I have gone for 3.62 diff, after another member pointed out the car would be frantic with a 3.9! It is amusing that CC refer to this as a cruising gearbox!

Engine install was ok but had to remove alternator & gearbox rear mount.

Bazza

is the mounting for the wheel sensor on non stack dash cars on the drive shaft?

cheers

John

Griff, the bracket you show is for the drive shaft driven non stack sensor, make sure you have the correct drive shaft as well. You should have a plain shaft not one with a toothed ring on it, also chenk that you have the correct sensor. All of this was wrong on my car *thumbdown*

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Bazza

when is your sva?

Can you tell from the chassis no. how many have been made? I ordered mine last Easter & was told the kit would be delivered in August ☹️ not this Easter!

Cheers

John

no SVA yet, but I ordered mine in november 2005! Still having probs nosecone won't fit now *mad*NEWSFLASH DON'T FIT YOU OIL COOLER AND PIPES

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Edited by - BAZZA on 24 May 2007 14:20:55

Bazza

I was told by cc today to remove the sanwich plate & they would sort out the oil cooler & pipes at post build check. I was going to put blanking caps on to save removing the plate, what have you done?

Cheers

John

John, I have allready fitted all the oil cooler kit, but the nose cone won't fit so I phoned CC and they told we that they have new brackets for the cooler and new hoses coming that will run under the rad and into the bottom of the cooler. This is how I suggested doing it 2 months ago but they didn't bother telling me that they were doing it this way until after I told them about my nose not fitting. Surely you will not be able ot even run your engine prior to post build check now. *mad* Believe me this has not been a good build. Feel free to call me if there is anthing else you need to discusss.

Barry

R400 Duratec No. 001

Edited by - BAZZA on 25 May 2007 07:28:04

Just remove the sandwich plate and refit the oil filter. It will be fine to run the engine without the oil cooler. The oil cooler is only really needed on long journeys travelling at high speed 80+ and hard track use.

I have just fitted a 10 row oil cooler mounted below & behind the rad and ducted cool air under the rad, its works well on the road, on track at Pembrey next week will be a more thorough test.

Rob