Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where to stay for Pembrey?

Shaun_E

• Support Team

We were going to camp but, given that we are there 3 nights and there are no showers at the circuit, for the benefit of our fellow competitors' we are now looking for some decent, cheapish accomodation for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The nearest Travelodge is Llanelli and they want £76 per night *eek* so something cheaper would be great. Ideally we are looking for something up to 20 minutes or so drive from the circuit.

Suggestions please. A nice campsite would be fine or a B&B/cheap hotel.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I thought that there were showers at the circuit last year as it is a proper race circuit. Whether they are opened for the sprint weekend is another matter. Have you 'phoned the circuit to check?

We stayed at the Adeline guest house in Pembrey. Basic, clean and friendly with secure parking. A couple of officials also stayed there. Ate cheaply at the pub over the road.

Mrs K

But if you insist on a hotel, I've stayed here in the past. Rooms are OK, and they do a decent carvery.

Prices in this area vary a lot with the time of year though. June is start of the main season, so probably not a lot around that's cheap ☹️

R

• Support Team

Just called the circuit and they do have showers *thumbup* *smile* but we can't camp on Thursday night *thumbdown* ☹️. We won't have access to the circuit until 7.00am on Friday. Camping is available on Friday and Saturday nights.

So we still need a hotel. The Ashburnham is virtually full (1 twin room left - no doubles). We'll check out the Adeline.

Thanks - keep them coming!

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Thanks for all your ideas so far.

Camping only appeals if I can roll out of my sleeping bag and into scrutineering! Packing the tent back in the car to drive to the circuit and then unload just doesn't do it for me (lazy I know *tongue*)

My last resort is the Travel Inn in Swansea but we'd much rather be close to the circuit.

Simon - thanks for the offer and if we can't find any place close to Pembrey then we will gratefully take you up on that. Regarding the drinking habits of the other guests - the saying that springs to mind is "if you can't beat them join them".

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Hi all,

I'm thinking of camping Friday and Saturday night too. I don't much like the sound of the showers, though I might go for a quick swim in Carmarthen Swimming pool its open until 7pm on Friday. Apparently the pool isn't open Saturday evening though (despite information on the web site saying its open from 7pm - 8pm)

Curses!

Al ???

Where are you?

Who are you?

There are now 3 members near Cross Hands, Carmarthen.

Shaun - since you asked first.

1 Twin Room available Thursday, friday Sat @ the Harbour House 01554 833414 Burry Port Lots of other sprinters staying according to the landlady.

Better be quick!

If anyone else needs somewhere other than my loft let me know!

Hi Simon *wavey*

I'm the chap from near Lampeter, we spoke briefly last October at the motorsports-events trackday on Pembrey circuit. I was driving the Green/yellow striped live axle. (the chap you persuaded to give sprinting a go) 😬 First event coming right up 😬

It takes about 90 minutes to drive to Pembrey from here, I don't feel like driving down three days in a row 😔

Hi Al

Of course I remember. Glad to see my powers of persuasion work.

I think I can see a competition begining. How many new sprinters can you introduce in a year.

My tally stands @ 3 for the year!

I win 😶‍🌫️

Giving it some Welly. As Always!

• Support Team

Simon - thank you for finding that . *thumbup*

We have now made other arrangements so anyone who wants that room please go for it.

We have decided to camp Friday and Saturday and have found a Travel Inn for Thursday night.

See you all there

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Shaun,

Are you really camping this time? *smile*

Even if its raining?

I am travelling down during Friday and camping friday and Saturday, Viv dosn't want to spend the weekend in a tent this year, she mentioned something about cheapskate *confused*

Who else is planning on camping and will we have any BBQ this year?

Robin

Edited by - Clawhammer on 21 May 2007 21:22:33

Edited by - Clawhammer on 21 May 2007 21:24:24

• Support Team

Yes Robin we really, really are camping this time! Promise! 😬. Even if it is raining. Travel Inn is booked for Thursday night and we'll be at Pembrey for Friday and Saturday nights.

Michael will be with us on Friday night and Tam is joining us on Saturday evening.

Don't know about a BBQ - not quite enough room in the boot of the 7 although I am sure we could get a disposable one and cremate some sossiges whilst partaking of a beer or two.

See you there.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 21 May 2007 21:53:03