Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Harness Mountings

puremalt

Shoulder mounts are on the rear cross member below the FIA bar.

Waist belt mounts bolt inwards form the cockpit into tunnel and sidemembers

6 point mounts bolt through the brackets at the bottom of the rear bolkhead (cockpit side) through the floor.

-----See some pictures of the build here. 12000 miles completed!

Casbar

The brackets that are fitted have holes smaller than the 11mm bolts that CC supply *rolleyes*

When I queried this during the build, I was told you have to drill through them to enlarge them and through the floor. You also need some spacers to go between the brackets and floor, so it's a bit of a bodge IMHO

EDIT: A previous thread which might help...

Guy

See some pictures of the build here. 12000 miles completed!

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 21 May 2007 15:50:11

Yeh, fine, but older chassis have no brackets. Mine is a 98 chassis, it has no brackets to fit 6 point harnesses. You either have to use the lap belt mountings or strenghen the floor and drill through and bolt.

Ah... my car is an '89, so I think 7 heaven is right. I did work out the shoulder ones by the way *biggrin*

I also realise Mick is correct too. Bu66er 😔

This one goes up to 11

Edited by - puremalt on 21 May 2007 20:35:30

If you're lucky, and have long arms and a nice bendy back, you can move the seats fully forward on their runners and reach down behind them.

Having said that I still find it as easy to remove the seats,

Dave

X-flow(er) power now resting. Trying Vx for a change.

Hmm odd. I had the seats out, when fitting Tillets, and I deff didn't have any brackets to fit the crutch straps. Spoke to Bruce at Arch, who told me to rivit a strip of ali to the rear of the floor and then drill through. So it looks like some have and some don't. My old 91 chassis didn't have any either *confused*

All is clear now, I just spoke to Bruce at Arch. The brackets were originally used for the old seat mounts, and at a certain point, Caterham deleted the brackets when the seats started to be mounted directly to the floor with the ali channels. They then later decided to have the brackets re-instated so there was somewhere to mount 6 point crutch straps.

So my 98 chassis is the lighter version without the brackets *cool*