Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Anyone know a good motoring lawyer?

Pleasantville

Having established that those hand held hairdryer speed cameras are, according to the manufacturers, only accurate up to 100m and having just been done at 371m (at 91mph on a 60mph road and facing a ban) I feel I ought to consult a good mototring lawyer.

Any suggestions/ideas?

I got clocked at 92+mph on a vasca by a motorcycle cop last year.

Found a solicitor local to where I was due to appear via yellow pages and a couple of phone calls.

Got away scot free because the witness, policeman's, statement was incomplete and the Crown Prosecution cocked up completely.

Message I got was that the documentation will let the CP down and the CP admin stinks and will also provide an avenue for escape.

Solicitor would have cost me £300 but the crown paid 'cos my case was thrown out.

There are a few tricks to the process which you might like to chat about, if so give me call on 07768 005701.

Paul M

also the laser beamwidth (3 milliradians for LTI 20-20) ( Home office ref)means that at large ranges the area illuminated by the laser can be large - at 371m the beam is 1.1m wide. According to the ACPO guidelines if there is another vehicle in the photo, the evidence is not admissible.

I know to my cost though that the 'safety' camera partnerships don't have to abide by the ACPO guidelines, and I got done at over 300m with another car right in front of me.

In my case, 3 points and £60 weren't worth contesting.

I'm sure there could also be a challenge on the accuracy of the alignment between the laser and the cross hairs in the viewfinder - the laser is IR so can't be seen, and thus there's no proof, especially at long ranges, that they've got the right vehicle - the cross hairs ain't necessarily pointing at the same place the laser is. I don't believe this is confirmed in the calibration checks, and with a 3mR beamwidth alignment is fairly critical.

Good luck!

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD?