Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Problem and Thanks

DW

Thanks to Martin (P?) who kindly took me home on his trailer having broken my diff in the first timed run ☹️. Also thanks to Andy Couchman who'd arrived on the same trailer and volunteered to drive home - hope it stayed dry Andy.

I'm really grateful for the kind assistance you both gave, and to the help everyone else gave in the paddock bouncing the car up the trailer. As we couldn't push it backwards we were a bit concerned that the axle would be locked up once we got home, however it rolled off the trailer straight into the garage (literally), which was a great relief.

I'll pop down to the Glos area meeting once I've sorted out the axle and catch up with you both.

One day I'll get my first sprint completed!

David

1700XF: click here

Martin Phillipson is indded a hero. *wavey*

There was quite a lot of rain on the way back but it was a good test of the Jill Judd half roof (passed with flying colours *thumbup*). Only got a bit wet at the Warwick roundabout and that because the rain was blowing in from behind.

Hope you can get the axle sorted quickly and good luck for the next sprint.

See you soon.

Andy

It was my pleasure to be of help David, only sorry it had to happen at all. Made possible of course by Andy volunteering to brave the elements on his way home but it seems like it was a good christening for his new hood. I'd have loved to see a video of the antics bouncing the car backwards up the trailer but it paid off when we got to offloading.

Hope the repair isn't too difficult and you manage to get back on the road again soon. Be good to meet up with you again if you can make it to one of our meets.