Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Autocom where to stick it

thinfourth

Polite answers only pls

Currently running with it velcroeed to the top of the tunnel infront of the gearstick but that is a bit of a faf

So where have other folk mounted it but the intresting point is i may want to regularly remove it for use in the landy/bike 😬

The happy handle made me do it

here

Click here to find 7s in their natural environment

On my previous Se7en, I had a Starcom fitted in the boot (with 3M Dual Lock) and used this here to go trough the back panel ... *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Paul,

I'm so glad you asked that as I was about to ask the same thing Currently my one sits in a Asda carrier bag either on passenger seat or on passengers lap (and she is getting pee'd off with it). It is easy to carry around but looks tatty in a carrier bag.

Mick, with it behind your seat do you run it on battery or 12v power? If the latter, where have you taken the feed from?

Nick.

Velcroed to the rear bulkhead on mine too. The headset leads poke nicely under the corners of the boot cover just inside the hoodsticks.

For power I ran a new 12V feed under the tunnel top from the ignition switch (with an inline fuse) which also feeds a boot mounted cigar socket. Both are earthed onto a stub wire rivetted to a chassis tube.

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

Tom,

Many thanks for the reply. Paul and I will find your power supply tricky, both our cars have the underdash handbrake and both have bare ali tunnels (so no tunnel top to hide a wire under ☹️ ).

I don't fancy running a loose wire down the inside of the tunnel just in case it managed to foul the propshaft. Any other potential power supplies for a boot mounted Autocom?

Nick.

One of my friends powers the one on his westfield off the rear light circuit and always drives with his lights on. Current draw for the intercom isn't very large.

BTW please give generously to Bundle's Big Charity Walk for Asthma research here Ta.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again

Mine is also velcro'd to the tunnel ahead of the gear stick. There are a number of excellent reasons for doing this - one of which is that you can reach the VOX control easily while driving - with an aeroscreen, I find it necessary to adjust it depending on speed.

I've never had much luck with the so-called 'noise-cancelling' mic...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

• Area Representative
Velcro'd to the rear bulkhead inside the boot with the leads going through a hole drilled behind the passenger seats. When not in use, the leads fall completely out of sight *thumbup* I have run the wire for the music (MP3 player or IPOD) under the tunnel and the lead just pokes out through the handbrake gaiter which keeps everthing very tidy.

Velcro'd in the boot *smile*

Autocom made up some connectors for me that are permanently fitted to the rear bulkhead giving you a fixed 'female' socket that you simply plug your headset into.

The sockets are flush with the bulkhead (in the carpet between the seats) so you can barely see them when the headsets aren't connected.

I have a Starcom fitted in the boot, affixed with Velcro and a couple of bits of ali angle. I ran the wires for the headsets out under the boot cover. The power, ptt button, cell phone and accessory wires all go through the rear bulkhead (very close to the boot floor and through a rubber grommet) and then run under the tunnel cover up to the front of the cockpit. If you don't have a tunnel cover, the bulkhead fitting sounds best. It is also quite nice to have the squelch setting within reach. It took quite a few tries before I got mine set the way I wanted it.

ELV15 - Tom in California -

200hp duratec powered 2003 Clubsport Build pics here: here

Paul,

Carpet, Leather, Seats, Hoodsticks

Nothing for it mate, looks like we need some serious upgrades to our cars *tongue*

I'didn't realise that fitting an Autocom was going to be so expensive 😬

Tom like the idea of the light circuit (esp as I always tend to use my lights). thanks for the suggestion.

On the current Autocom the vox setting is inside the casing, near the connection of the power wire onto the board. On that basis I'm glad mine doesn't need regular adjustment...

I do have a screen and doors though which probably helps.

Cheers

Tom

FH54WLX

see here - UPDATED again